library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

What the blazes is a Manchester United???

Page  Page 4 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#31 | Posted: 31 Oct 2011 15:10
blimp:
If you mean the recent Tuesday match with West Ham I would have thought it was more a hard fought victory

No Blimp that was a hard match which the best team won.
I was referring to Saturday when we beat Middlesborough 3-0 with consummate ease and great skill!
I note that West Ham just about hung on against a managerless Leicester.

blimp
Male Author

England
#32 | Posted: 31 Oct 2011 15:35
jimisim:
I note that West Ham just about hung on against a managerless Leicester.

Just as they did against Brighton. I watched that match online. They seem to have got some good young players there although they must miss Scott Parker.

Hotspur
Male Author

South_Africa
#33 | Posted: 31 Oct 2011 18:26
blimp:
although they must miss Scott Parker

Their loss is our gain - he was quite magnificent against QPR yesterday and played his heart out.

Yes, we do see Premier League football here in South Africa with 3 or 4 games shown live on Satellite TV on Saturdays and all the live games on Sundays and Mondays. The rest are shown as recordings later so every match can be viewed at some stage. Add to that just about every cricket and rugby match worth watching plus sports like Formula 1 and Golf and we are really spoilt here at the tip of the Dark Continent. Satellite TV is not cheap here especially if you take a top of the range package but for an armchair sports fan it's money well spent.

MarkPhoenix
Male Author

USA
#34 | Posted: 31 Oct 2011 22:59
Hotspur:
The fact that you had to Google a name with which almost every human being on the planet (outside the USA) is familiar proves to me that Americans are so insular when it comes to sport.

I've heard of Manchester United. Of course, that was because it was mentioned on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's Spike's favorite team.

nashota1983
Female Author

USA
#35 | Posted: 31 Oct 2011 23:14
As somone who was born in Liverpool England, Man U are an anathema to me. I always have been, and always will be a Liverpool Football Club supporter. And by the way, Liverpool has won more silverware than Man U.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#36 | Posted: 1 Nov 2011 00:57
nashota1983:
As somone who was born in Liverpool England, Man U are an anathema to me.

In your Liverpool slums.
In your Liverpool slums,
You speak in an accent exceedingly rare,
And even use long words like anethema(re)

Sorry Nashota-I just couldn't resist that. I think I made it clear that I am not a supporter of either Man U(re) or Liverpool.
This topic has come a long way from my original post though.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#37 | Posted: 1 Nov 2011 01:02
Any further dissing of the great Man U and there'll be no more stories loaded, you have been warned!!

jimisim:
Man U(re)

p.s. Give it a rest, Jimi.

blimp
Male Author

England
#38 | Posted: 1 Nov 2011 02:43
Februs, how could we not love Man U? Even the Scots sourpuss lights up my evenings when I see him on the telly bemoaning some inexcusable refereeing decision. I think if you love football and your not a scouser you should love Man U especially if you are old enough to remember George Best, Cantona, Beckham etc. Besides even if it's true and Liverpool have won more trophies think how many more trophies you have won than Torquay!

PS Or Southampton !!!

DannySwottem5
Male Member

England
#39 | Posted: 1 Nov 2011 03:04
How true Blimp, the cleaners at Old Trafford swear they can hear the trophy cabinet groaning when all is quiet. The Gulls and the Saints could combine their trophies and fit them in an old sideboard but there is something quite romantic about underdogs winning the FA Cup and when you`ve been to the old Wembley and witnessed it, well, it`s a once in a lifetime event and in my case will probably stay that way sadly.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#40 | Posted: 1 Nov 2011 10:00
DannySwottem5:
and when you`ve been to the old Wembley and witnessed it, well, it`s a once in a lifetime event and in my case will probably stay that way sadly.

Well, yes, you'd have difficulty going to the old Wembley again.

Blimp, are you trying to remove from supporters of a myriad football teams the one thing that unites them, namely a love of hating Man U?

Page  Page 4 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 13
FiddlersGreen, friendshipfirst1, hunter, mrswitcheroo, Tiredny
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9