Six of the best

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 23 Oct 2011 15:45
Man Utd 1 Man City 6
That's what you call six of the very best!

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 23 Oct 2011 15:52
That's not what I called it... unfortunately the forum software censored it

Anyway, shall look forward to 'Citeh' bottling it later in the season

Arcane359
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 23 Oct 2011 15:58
From my Hellblazer comics, I know that Man Utd must be Manchester United (although what they are, I have no idea), but what does Man City stand for? I am assuming it must be Manchester City, but I honestly have no idea.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 23 Oct 2011 16:05
Arcane359:
but what does Man City stand for?

They don't actually stand for anything.. oh wait, I see what you mean... it's the 'other' football club in Manchester, who never win anything but who were bought by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi a couple of years ago and are now able to buy success for themselves ...

blimp
Male Author

England
#5 | Posted: 23 Oct 2011 20:08
Arcane359:
, but what does Man City stand for? I am assuming it must be Manchester City, but I honestly have no idea.

Man City is traditionally the team supported by most Mancunians. Man Untd traditionally is the team supported by those in Korea, China, Japan, London (these are known as "Mockney's"), and all areas other than Manchester (and Liverpool!). That is probably not completely true but it's a wee bit true! Certainly Man U possess a wider fan base than my own team, Torquay United!!

PS Your grief cannot fail to move every last one of us, Februs!!

sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 23 Oct 2011 20:33
I saw the game, and I am delighted that I am 'Arse'nal fan. But I believe that 'six of the best', belongs to a naughty lady's bare bottom. And given to her with vigorious pliable stinging cane. Would'nt you all agree on that.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 23 Oct 2011 20:38
That's a good opportunity to plug my old competition mini-story "Red", which features Girlchester United, their grumpy coach Sir Fergus Allison and a spanked bottom!

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 24 Oct 2011 12:55
Februs:
I would far rather my club were owned by an Arab Sheikh who has ploughed vast amounts of money into the club than a couple of US businessmen whose primary interests are in milking a great football club and that funny game they play over there, and who 'regrettably?' are unable to invest the money that would allow an undoubtedly great manager to compete with Barca and Real Madrid, Man City and Chelsea.
The only reason they watched yesterday was because their primary interest Tampa Bay Buccaneers were playing at Wembley.
Still at least it was a memorable weekend for them-they were privileged to watch Man U get thrashed followed by a beating from Chicago Bears- couldn't have happened to a nicer family.
As it happens my club is owned by a benign family of Swiss billionaires and are currently top of the Championship!

DannySwottem5
Male Member

England
#9 | Posted: 24 Oct 2011 15:17
Nice one jimisim, you're a true Saint.

Arcane359
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 24 Oct 2011 17:49
jimisim:
that funny game they play over there

Funny game? Funny game?? Well, you might have me there. Even when I played in school, I didn't really understand the intricacies of the game; I just wanted to hit someone. If you truly sit down and think about it, it's rather stupid that we pay our football (and pretty much any other sports) players an obscene amount of money to play a game rather than pay our teachers, hospital workers (the people other than the doctors), etc. what they should be earning.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 10 : Guests - 6
Backbeat, Bump, ckpollman, druidicone, fesseefan, Filbert74, GEML66, Jrussik, Otkbbs51, tocciek
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9