The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Quoting in a forum post (Digressions)

Arcane359
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 5 Oct 2011 02:38
njrick:
You need to highlight what you want to quote, and THEN hit the quote button.

Cool. Thanks. HTML savvy people are now looking at me the same way I used to look at guys who programmed via punch cards.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 5 Oct 2011 02:40
Arcane359:
people are now looking at me the same way I used to look at guys who programmed via punch cards.

The scary part is that these same people are probably looking at you and saying, WTF are punch cards?

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 5 Oct 2011 08:49
And I remember when a small office I worked in went computerised with its membership records. All the stuff on the screen was really sophisticated for the time: we could search for members with shared characteristics and so on; but if we wanted to print off a list, we went to a room where this big printer was stored and, having given the instruction, placed a chair in front of where the paper came out with its back in just the right position so the paper rolled over it. Otherwise it got tangled and fouled up.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 5 Oct 2011 14:46
Arcane359:
Cool. Thanks. HTML savvy people are now looking at me the same way I used to look at guys who programmed via punch cards.

Oooii, I programmed using punch cards at one time!

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#5 | Posted: 5 Oct 2011 15:33
barretthunter:
we went to a room where this big printer was stored and, having given the instruction, placed a chair in front of where the paper came out with its back in just the right position so the paper rolled over

I was beginning to wonder why the heck you had the printer in the bathroom....LOL

Guy
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 5 Oct 2011 16:14
barretthunter:
placed a chair in front of where the paper came out with its back in just the right position so the paper rolled over it. Otherwise it got tangled and fouled up.

Must have been fan fold paper. I'm plenty old enough to remember those days.

Guy

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#7 | Posted: 5 Oct 2011 17:14
Februs:
Oooii, I programmed using punch cards at one time!

So did I...

guyde
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 6 Oct 2011 01:15
A young whipper snapper was bragging at the bar about how he once had to program a database using only ones and zeroes.

He didn't know how lucky he was.

When I programmed my first database, all we had was the zeroes...

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#9 | Posted: 6 Oct 2011 01:46
guyde:
When I programmed my first database, all we had was the zeroes...

That's not bad, when I got my first computer I had to pedal a bike to get power, and not only that i had walk back and forth to school up hill both ways!

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 8
lowendtheory, qbpunk, tomd
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9