LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

twisted8 wants to know??????

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
twisted8
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 6 Sep 2011 02:54
Can anyone tell me about the following two authors?

1. Neil Gaiman

2. Emma Allen

I found the wiki entry on Gaiman but would like an opinion.

Who is Emma Allen. She writes mainstream erotica.

Grin!

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 6 Sep 2011 03:11
twisted8:
Can anyone tell me about the following two authors?

Not me!

(there - was that helpful?)

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#3 | Posted: 6 Sep 2011 03:31
You may find what you want by Googling Emma Allan (note the "a" instead of the "e". I think the lady there is who you are looking for. Cheers

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 6 Sep 2011 05:13
Neil Gaiman doesn't (as far as I know) write erotica. What he does do is a lot of exploring in myth and magic. He got his start in comics (writing about Death and other fun characters) and while I haven't read those I have read most of his novels/short stories. He's also done some work in movies / TV.

The man is a storyteller. Whatever the medium he tells a story that draws you in. You might want to watch the children's movie Coraline - that can give you an idea of his work. He often works with myths and legends - American Gods is wonderful book that encompasses many different belief systems and includes the new gods of technology. In fact much of the book details with conflict between those new gods and the tired old ones from myths.

His work is often humorous, sometimes darkly so, and he co-authored one book with Terry Pratchett that has loads of humour about the end of the world as the Four Horse Men ride to salute the anti-christ's triumph... If memory serves, the first sentence went something like:
"The World will end on a Tuesday. Next Tuesday in fact."

Yes, it a comedy.

I highly recommend his writing. He's not my favorite author but he is on that list.

Goodgulf

SNM
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 6 Sep 2011 06:16
Neil Gaiman is a novelist and comic book writer best known for his work with DC/Darkhorse Comics on the Sandman comics, and for his novel American Gods, though he's written other things as well. Most of his stories are about human dreams and imagination taking on a life of their own, with the gods and dream-figures of our racial subconscious becoming conscious entities.

No idea who the other lady is.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 6 Sep 2011 09:09
I don't know Emma Allen, but Gaiman doesn't do erotica. He writes fantasy mostly. He came to prominence through his ground breaking Sandman graphic novel and Good Omens, the novel he collaborated with Sir Terry Pratchett on, very funny read. He's also won the Hugo award for Best Novel on two occasions, most recently for his children's novel The Graveyard Book.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 7 Sep 2011 09:18
Thanks to SeeGee, rick, Goodgulf, SNM, and CS.

I found Emma Allan (it is Allan) on FantasticFictions site that lead me to a couple of profile pages. I found her books on sale at a Half Price Books and impulse bought them on the strength of the cover art and the titles. Have not cracked them yet as they are about 8 deep in my reading list.

My new bottom Amanda recommended Neil Gaiman so I have one of his, 'American Gods', on hold at the library.

Again guys thanks for the quick response. Grin!

rollin
Male Member

USA
#8 | Posted: 7 Sep 2011 17:51
"American Gods" is a very interesting read. Inventive and different.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 8 Sep 2011 01:41
Gaiman got one of his Hugo's for it. He did an intro to Martin Millar's Good Fairies of New York and before he read was convinced that he'd accidentally ripped it off for American Gods from what people told him but happily found out that he hadn't but still enjoyed the work.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#10 | Posted: 8 Sep 2011 21:13
Again my thanks for all the posts. I'm getting excited about this guy and I haven't even read a word he's written. His Wiki awards list includes 6 Hugo, 6 Locus, 6 Bram Stoker, 1 Nebula Awards. Very impressive. Should anyone be interested here is his Wiki link. Enjoy. Grin!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Gaiman

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 5
Darkzone, Davidson, hschmid, jladams766, johnrenton43, Plimsoll63, Rachel615, theo54, warthur
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9