library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

1716: Hello and welcome to our rolling news coverage of the London riots.

Page  Page 4 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
BrianV
Male Author

England
#31 | Posted: 11 Aug 2011 20:23
Ooh, blimp! That's very non-PC! My mother, who's ninety-one, gave me a very telling comment. "Give them a good thrashing" she said. "That will sort them out!"

blimp
Male Author

England
#32 | Posted: 11 Aug 2011 22:12
BrianV:
Ooh, blimp! That's very non-PC!

I don't dismiss the importance of political correctness. Especially when it stops people using words which are racist or homophobic. Although sometimes political correctness prevents people saying what they really think which isn't helpful if you want an honest discussion about something. Your mother doesn't sound too PC either Brian!

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#33 | Posted: 12 Aug 2011 01:53
As an American I'm sorry to hear about the troubles in England but I have a question.

Corporal punishment was banned in all British schools. The PC "experts" on child rearing argued that by banning corporal punishment "violence" that children would be taught that violence is never the answer to problems and the younger generation would, therefore, be less violent than older generations. At least that was the theory.

So how's that working out for you?

blimp
Male Author

England
#34 | Posted: 12 Aug 2011 15:10
Stand by for a huge wave of hypocrisy from the politicians. Ed Milliband has blamed the riots on a "Me first culture"!! The rioters would be at home in the mother of all parliaments then! Need a bit of help with that expenses form chaps! Perhaps you need help with a second home in one of the nicer parts of London or help with the upkeep of your moat!! Don't worry about telling a few fibs you can pay it all back if you inadvertently claim too much!! Even if the spirit of self sacrifice is missing at least they haven't lost their sense of humour!!

BrianV
Male Author

England
#35 | Posted: 14 Aug 2011 19:38
How blimp has hit the nail on the head! Over 53% of these looters are under 21 and most under 18! I imagine they must look up and see politicians stealing taxpayers' money to line their own pockets, they look at bankers lining their own pockets, and they look at parents and teachers too afraid to bring them under control for fear of being sued. How can you teach these youngsters any moral compass when all they see if 'greed is good'. So much for liberal politics.

blimp
Male Author

England
#36 | Posted: 14 Aug 2011 20:19
BrianV:
So much for liberal politics.

I think it better to say "So much for politics!" Locking up looters for five years wont help much either! It might enable the politicians to pose as tough guys on crime but it's a bit late and missing the point! People have already lost their businesses, homes and in some cases their lives. What sickened me in particular was not so much the looting but the mindless vandalism, the arson and the widespread violence. All this with very little police reaction! Understandable really as all the politicians were far away on their well deserved holidays!

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#37 | Posted: 14 Aug 2011 21:42
BrianV:
How blimp has hit the nail on the head! Over 53% of these looters are under 21 and most under 18! I imagine they must look up and see politicians stealing taxpayers' money to line their own pockets, they look at bankers lining their own pockets, and they look at parents and teachers too afraid to bring them under control for fear of being sued. How can you teach these youngsters any moral compass when all they see if 'greed is good'. So much for liberal politics.

Well, Brian seems to be saying Ed Milliband is right - there is a culture of greed. It's downright dangerous to say "they're all the same." Some politicians didn't fiddle their expenses. To damn all politicians is to ensure that the corrupt ones suffer no disadvantage compared to the ones who played it straight, and worse, to invite dictatorship. Same with banks and building societies: not all were as irresponsible as Northern Rock, Bradford & Bingley and Lehman Brothers.

blimp
Male Author

England
#38 | Posted: 14 Aug 2011 21:47
barretthunter:
Well, Brian seems to be saying Ed Milliband is right - there is a culture of greed. It's downright dangerous to say "they're all the same." Some politicians didn't fiddle their expenses. To damn all politicians is to ensure that the corrupt ones suffer no disadvantage compared to the ones who played it straight, and worse, to invite dictatorship. Same with banks and building societies: not all were as irresponsible as Northern Rock, Bradford & Bingley and Lehman Brothers.

If there is an honest one we should have him stuffed and a plaque put underneath, "Here is an honest politician. Feast your eyes for you may never see another one!"

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#39 | Posted: 14 Aug 2011 21:55
There was once a man in our of our vast province who ran for office in the provincial arena, his claim was if he could not stay honest in politics he would quit. He won the election handily and quit four months later saying he found the struggle to stay honest too hard on him and his family. He was put down by his fellow politicans and bureaucrats for not following the same route as everyone else.

I have often thought now if we could only find a thousand men and women like him we would be ok. This is a true account of one person and I must admit a sad commentary on society in general.

BrianV
Male Author

England
#40 | Posted: 15 Aug 2011 18:55
Thanks Blimp!

Page  Page 4 of 8: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 7
blkspnkr, Gulliver, john4
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9