library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

1716: Hello and welcome to our rolling news coverage of the London riots.

Page  Page 1 of 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»
blimp
Male Author

England
#1 | Posted: 8 Aug 2011 18:31
This is on the BBC. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14449675 Bring your own shopping trolley I suppose and there are lots of earnest liberal minded people being interviewed telling us not to blame the "Yoof"! Obviously stop and search is rather embarrassing when you are carrying away the nights plunder. Sorry, this makes me sound like an old reactionary dinosaur which I am not but why would anyone want to make excuses for looting and mindless violence?

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#2 | Posted: 8 Aug 2011 18:54
Nightmare! I used to live in Lewisham... am glad I am a very long way away from stuff like that now... have done my time!

blimp
Male Author

England
#3 | Posted: 8 Aug 2011 19:31
We used to live in Notting Hill. We used to have regular riots. The police used to keep on pinching our dustbin lid before they got the proper riot gear c1981! Glad I am not there too!

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#4 | Posted: 8 Aug 2011 19:41
blimp:
The police used to keep on pinching our dustbin lid before they got the proper riot gear c1981!

LOL actually shields were first issued in 1977 after the Lewisham riots... you were probably nicking your bin lid and blaming the police

JohnH
Male Member

England
#5 | Posted: 8 Aug 2011 19:55
Let's hope none of these people resort to serious crime like trying to foam pie a media magnate. As it stands they probably face an official caution for burning law abiding citizens out of thier homes! if they get caught with shaving foam within range of Mushroom Murdoch there could be a return of the gallows.
When did we sacrifice justice and law and order to a baying mob?

blimp
Male Author

England
#6 | Posted: 8 Aug 2011 20:53
PinkAngel:
LOL actually shields were first issued in 1977 after the Lewisham riots... you were probably nicking your bin lid and blaming the police

I hate to disagree with you Your Pinkness! They were definitely pinching our dustbin lids well after 1977. Mind they were made of reinforced rubber so they probably recognised a quality bin lid when they saw it! By 1981 riots were regular events and the police got the new gear. By then we had moved round the corner and got an even better view of burning police cars etc.

JohnH:
Let's hope none of these people resort to serious crime like trying to foam pie a media magnate

No John, you are forgetting the dignity of parliament!!

JohnH
Male Member

England
#7 | Posted: 8 Aug 2011 21:11
Sorry Blimp, I had heard he was a MAJOR shareholder in that concern. I assumed he was resident, as he has reportedly "Put a Lot of Money" into it one way or another!!!!!!!!!

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 8 Aug 2011 22:53
The big difference this time - the cameras. They will put photos of the rioters on the net and ID them. It's one thing to be brave when you're in the middle of mob gone wild but when the police come knocking on your door a week later...

Oh well, interesting times and all...

Goodgulf

JohnH
Male Member

England
#9 | Posted: 9 Aug 2011 01:03
Not really a threat to these morons I am afraid Goodgulf, The vast majority come ready for TV/Web exposure in Ski Masks & Hoodies. I guess it is time for the water cannons loaded up with indelible dye. Fresh outbreaks tonight, and spreading 100 miles up-country to Birmingham also. 225 arrested so far.

How we all love "This Sceptered Isle, This England"

Blimp's (And one of my) Heroes Churchill must be spinning in the grave!!!!!!!!!!!!

Late update ::: Also outbreaks in Liverpool. Cars on fire in the streets. This Citizen says Bring in the Army!!!!

Guy
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 9 Aug 2011 01:16
JohnH:
How we all love "This Sceptered Isle, This England"

Oh well, we also have our problems on this side of the pond. We also have our poor folks, and they do riot occasionally. With the economic climate being what it is, "poor folks" can be expected to be a growth sector worldwide.

...and our credit rating seems to suddenly be less than stellar too.

Page  Page 1 of 8: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 10
Chandler, Derrick30
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9