LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Finding Old Gold

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
twisted8
Male Member

USA
#11 | Posted: 23 Jul 2011 23:53
I only want to add my vote for ruegirl. Her stories sizzle! You should also take a look at Daria Little's stories. Li'l Daria, as she was known in the late 80's and early 90's has not been heard from by anyone in decades and her stories were old when I first ran across them in the eighties. Take a look. And Ed Finn's 'Cindy's Worst; a Spanking Mom's Memoir' is on the 'most commented' list even now and old as the hills. I bought a copy from CFPubs way back and is WELL worth a read.

Billboard. I once went through all the titles by aphabitical order over a period of about 5 weeks when I first joined the site. To be sure many new titles have been added since then but you will find all the info you are looking for that way and find the nuggets that you seek. Guess you'd have to be as crazy as me to do it that way but I found it well worth the time. Not to mention learning things about the Genre you would find in no other way.

Spanko's! Grin!

billboard
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 23 Jul 2011 23:59
tiptopper:
As far as this topic is concerned, if you click on Added it will sort the stories that you have selected starting with the latest to the oldest.

Brilliant search tip, tiptopper! Thanks for teaching (me? us?) that clicking on the header works to sort the field. I should have realized that Februs would have it work that way, but it had never occurred to me. It's a wonderful feature and I'll be using it a lot.

Using tiptopper's tip, I've discerned that there are indeed very few stories with over 1,000 views. There seem to be only six such stories with "no sexual content" and only two with the red circle. There were no stories over 1,000 views that had the pink or the purple circles - I wonder if that should tell us something?

twisted8:
You should also take a look at Daria Little's[b] stories.

That's a great recommendation, Twisted. I was up to speed on Daria Little's stuff before I got here, and her stories were always aligned with my interests - always. I had 5 or 6 on my hard drive since the 90's. I will make a point to check out "Cindy's Worst." I've seen it noticed by others but have never clicked on it yet. Tonight's the night!

I'm still hoping for some recommendations of particular stories. Anybody else got any strong favorites to nominate?

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#13 | Posted: 24 Jul 2011 00:03
Yea. Take a look at the recent 'Favorites Shared' thread. Some of us put up six off our lists to pass around.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 24 Jul 2011 01:06
Another random way is if you happen to see an author's story and like it then go to their author page and you can find some great older stuff that way too. It always interests me when an old one of mine gets a comment. I sometimes wonder how the person found it.

beth83
Female Author

USA
#15 | Posted: 24 Jul 2011 06:06
I want to share a nugget of gold that I came across - Cindy's Worst: A Spanking Mom's Memoir by Ed Finn. It's the only story by this author, and it was posted to the library almost two years ago. It's a wonderful mother / teenage daughter story, and I highly recommend it to those who like that type of story.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#16 | Posted: 24 Jul 2011 07:34
As I had stated in my comment on the only story by Ed Finn, this story was one of the best of its type that I have ever read. It really is a shame that there will are no other stories from this author. It has great emotional intensity.

mati
Female Member

Germany
#17 | Posted: 24 Jul 2011 10:34
PinkAngel:
If a lot of the commenting is done by friends etc of authors then this doesn't really reflect on the actual story at all, it just reflects that person's regard for their friend. I think this is often proven by the comments on contest stories, when people (in theory) don't know who wrote what.

I indeed never knew before the end of a contest, who wrote what. Surprisingly I mostly rated stories of authors high, whose stories I appreciated before; but these stories were very rarely among the winners. Therefore for me recommendations of others are not so helpful. I have to find out myself what I like. But sometimes I found authors in a competition, who I would never find through my search criterias, like flowerchild's stories. But anyway my least problem on this site is to find good stories despite how old or new they are. It's much harder to find the time to read them all.

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#18 | Posted: 30 Jul 2011 06:24
Sebastian:
As I had stated in my comment on the only story by Ed Finn, this story was one of the best of its type that I have ever read. It really is a shame that there will are no other stories from this author. It has great emotional intensity

Ed Finn writes for CF Publication. The stories are sold. For a time I had unlimited access to all Bethany's sites. This ended recently with new policy, name and possibly owner. I looked into his index and he has 32 stories to his name, including Cindy's Worst.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 5
DjZolt, hbrush01, Malcatraz, mastroe, sodapopram, whoseturn
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9