How to judge a story

Page  Page 5 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#41 | Posted: 24 Mar 2012 01:08
cayenne:
I wanted my stories to be loved, adulated, appreciated and used as wank fodder. Is that really so strange?

Why else would anyone write?

ChardT
Male Author

SUBSCRIBER

#42 | Posted: 24 Mar 2012 21:26
Personally, I've never posted one that I didn't think was a good story, but some are received a lot better than others. Some of the ones I've put the least thought into are the best received. You never really know what other people are going to like.

sixofthebest
Male Member

USA
#43 | Posted: 19 Apr 2012 18:52
Any spanking story, can only be judged by the likes or dislikes of it's reader. Each of us 'spanking enthusiast's, has a concept, what turns them on or off, when reading that prose. And in my humble opinion that could be in a million different ways.

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#44 | Posted: 19 Apr 2012 23:19
rollin:
But tastes vary so much that no writer can be all things to all readers.

This is so like the discussion we entertained after the letter writing story challenge. Enjoying or not enjoying a story is based on taste. Some prefer children stories, others school, rough play, trickster... Sometimes it's background knowledge. Some folks do not care for conversations written in a regional dialect, sometimes local slang is used and those not familiar with the region are clueless, this happens to me sometimes if the dialogue is too brief; I can't sort out the point. Yet I know many readers who relish those works and comment specifically on the accuracy of the dialogue. And haven't many of you received kudos from your 10th grade English teacher, and complaints in 11th grade English. Go figure!

islandcarol
Female Author

USA
#45 | Posted: 19 Apr 2012 23:40
canadianspankee:
I have spent considerable time on Lucky Dip looking for old stories with no comment and try to comment on them, it may be late but at least the author knows someone commented.

You are my hero, CS. I worry over these orphan stories without comments also. Virgin comment pages on old stories are so sad, especially if they have registered only a few views. But what can you do? You, alone can't read and comment on every orphan on the front page and keep up with the serials of your facvorite authors and sample the new authors. It is a time thing. If there are other interested, I would work with a team to see that everyone got at least one comment. At this minute, of the 30 stories on the front page everyone has at least one comment. We could monitor the situation and see if that's consistent.
For older orphan stories, we could designate a day or a weekend to ""Be a Sport" find at least 3 orphan stories on a lucky dip and leave a comment.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#46 | Posted: 20 Apr 2012 00:16
Many of the "orphan" stories were posted here early in the life of KLSF which was sometime in '09 I think. At that time many of us thought of it as just a depository, a place to stick stuff so it wouldn't get lost. I remembered the crash of Geocities where my stuff was kept and I wanted to avoid that debacle. I also remember when people actually started to register comments on stories, it was May of 2010. Point is, there are a lot of gems that no one knows about. So look for stories published before the Spring of 2010 and you'll find some.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#47 | Posted: 20 Apr 2012 02:55
rollin:
Many of the "orphan" stories were posted here early in the life of KLSF which was sometime in '09 I think.

If you look under "Search" the first stories were posted on August 8, 2007. I am reading stories that I am interested in from early to late. That way I find all those early "lost" stories which aren't really lost but just under the radar.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#48 | Posted: 20 Apr 2012 03:47
islandcarol:
For older orphan stories, we could designate a day or a weekend to ""Be a Sport" find at least 3 orphan stories on a lucky dip and leave a comment.

I've just added a few extra fields to the search form such that you can now search on the number of comments that library submissions have received. If you want to search for items that haven't received any comments enter 0 for the maximum number of comments. I've also added the ability to search on number of views and favourites.

opb
Male Author

England
#49 | Posted: 20 Apr 2012 07:58
This is an important topic. Virgin stories ( like virgin bottoms) need our attention. I usually use the Lucky Dip section, and often I read a cracking story and when I go to the comments screen I find I'm the first one there.

I shall redouble my efforts, safe in the knowledge that CS is on the case too

SNM
Male Author

USA
#50 | Posted: 20 Apr 2012 08:06
Harshly.

Page  Page 5 of 6: «« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »»

Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 20
banders, nilocs
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9