LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Citzenship

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
Raptor
Male Author

Canada
#1 | Posted: 13 Jul 2011 05:45
While I am a Canadian born, Mrs. Raptor and I spend as much time in Arizona during the winter as we possibly can. Winter in Canada is severe, long lasting, and not pleasant. I originally joined the LSF when we were "across the medicine line" escaping the wintery blasts.

I notice there is a US flag beside my name designating me as an American. I'm just fine with this, my grandparents, Grandpa Raptor and Grandma Raptor, were both born in the lower 48. I wanted to clear up any misunderstanding.

I sometimes end a sentence by saying "eh," but I feel a strong bond to the U.S. of A. since we spend a lot of time and are very comfortable there. I guess lik coffee lightener I am a half-and-half.

BTW do you know that they call illegal Canadians "Snowbacks" in the US?

Rap

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 13 Jul 2011 06:24
Well I'll take ya no matter what citizenship you like best. Welcome back to the LSF after a long break! We have just not had enough extinct flightless dino's around here lately. Grin!

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 13 Jul 2011 14:36
Raptor:
BTW do you know that they call illegal Canadians "Snowbacks" in the US?

Raptor- an internet search tells me it's "Canuckistani" LOL
Am I right? Do I win a prize?

As far as the term "snowbacks," I lived in South Florida for many years, and every winter when you Canucks descended upon our beaches we called it the invasion of the "snowbirds." But with you being a dino-spanko, I can understand your preference for the term 'back' rather than 'bird'.

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#4 | Posted: 13 Jul 2011 14:53
Well, wherever you're from and wherever you've been, it's good to see you back again!
I was beginning to fear that there was too much sanity around here

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 13 Jul 2011 14:58
Raptor:
I notice there is a US flag beside my name designating me as an American. I'm just fine with this, my grandparents, Grandpa Raptor and Grandma Raptor, were both born in the lower 48. I wanted to clear up any misunderstanding.

I noticed we had your user account correctly set to Canada but had the location on your author page set to USA.

We are at this very moment carrying out a thorough investigation and we will leave no stone unturned until the perpetrator of this heinous act has been identified and promptly sent to Miss Thrashbottom to learn the error of their ways.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#6 | Posted: 13 Jul 2011 15:01
Februs:
perpetrator of this heinous act has been identified and promptly sent to Miss Thrashbottom to learn the error of their ways.

My money is on it being ^ ^ ^ fault Would you like your appointment before or after your tea and scone?

Guy
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 13 Jul 2011 23:48
Raptor: I was born and raised just south of your border, so have always considered myself part Canadian. I now live in that hot state in the extreme SE of USA. The politics in Arizona are getting stranger and stranger, so if you ever start to feel less that totally welcomed there, give Florida a try.

I am well acquainted with the term "snowbird". We apply it to anyone with enough brains to flee the frozen north in wintertime. I have never heard the term "Snowbacks". Perhaps that's an AZ thing?

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 14 Jul 2011 01:32
As I understand it "Canuck" specifically refers to French-Canadians, usually from Quebec, and not to all Canadians. My ancestors on my father's side were Canucks.

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 14 Jul 2011 02:18
My parents were snowbirds, from New Jersey to Florida during the winter. I think it should apply to anyone smart enough to go from the cold to the warm during the winter, no matter where your from, or where you end up. Me, I'm still in NJ all year.

nibra
Male Author

England
#10 | Posted: 14 Jul 2011 08:21
What does that make us? Brits spending 20 years in NT city and Christmas in Florida.Summers in New England. All you colonials nattering on about nationality. You are all really Europeans.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 14
18aware, Bailey30, bjones111, CementTruckBoom, Derrick30, spankmarcel, towncryer3921
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9