library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Reading Medium

LawrenceKinden
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 11 Jul 2011 20:12
I have a hard time reading a story on a computer screen, which makes it difficult to read spanking fiction, though I do make the sacrifice from time to time. I prefer to read an actual book as it's easier on my eyes and easier to do in bed. (insert immature laughter)

I've considered printing stories to read, but that's a heck of an investment and doesn't have the convenience of being bound for easy of travel and storage.

I'm curious, do any of you have the same difficulty?

-LK

rollin
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 11 Jul 2011 20:16
Get a kindle. Save stories in plain text and transfer to the Kindle from your computer.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#3 | Posted: 11 Jul 2011 20:17
You need an ipad LOL.

I love reading books but can happily read stuff on my laptop either curled up on the couch or in bed, so this doesn't bother me at all. In fact I probably couldn't type properly if I had to sit on a 'normal' chair

Storm
Female Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 11 Jul 2011 20:17
I do. It's why I don't do a whole lot of reading.

If it's hard on your eyes, you might try changing the color scheme. For me, it's the back lighting. I would love it if everything could be loaded onto my Nook to be read with the e-ink. That would be spectacular.

Actually, come to think of it, I'll bet that if it was charged (it isn't) I could log in here and read it on there from the web browser. I hadn't thought of that, but certainly an option for those with the Nook. Not sure if the Kindle does the same thing.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#5 | Posted: 12 Jul 2011 00:41
I have tried to print off this site and find it impossible, the system seems not to allow it. Am I missing something in how to print off a story from this site?

Spankzz
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 12 Jul 2011 01:17
I just adjusted text size and color scheme until I reached the best combination for me. I have a Kindle but have never thought of using it here.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 12 Jul 2011 02:02
canadianspankee:
I have tried to print off this site and find it impossible, the system seems not to allow it. Am I missing something in how to print off a story from this site?

We deliberately don't facilitate the reproduction of any of the items loaded to the site, whether via copying or printing. In fact, a number of the authors whose works we feature, have specifically requested this and allowed us to load their stories on that basis. Many of the items we have loaded can be found on the author's own websites which, where available, are linked via their author pages so I'd suggest visiting those if you want to print them.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#8 | Posted: 12 Jul 2011 02:21
Thanks Februs, I do not want to print off any stories and entirely agree with the Site not facilatating the reproduction of any items, I think it is a great idea.

Storm
Female Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 12 Jul 2011 06:35
Honestly, if the text is hard on the eyes, changing the color scheme should help a lot. I know that it does for me. You could also try an anti-glare screen.

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 7
AltanativeFTW, brettchad, gravityrush, JanushPawlon, JohnStevens, SpankySteve
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9