LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Corner Time

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»
beth83
Female Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 10 Jul 2011 04:48
Perhaps this question has been raised in the past, but I'm too lazy to go back and look, so I'm going to ask it anyway.

Many stories, including some of my own feature the spankee having to stand in the corner before, after or before and after the spanking. Usually pants and underpants are down during this time. Did/do parents really do this? None of my friends ever mentioned it, although I'll admit that corner time would be a lot more detail than most kids would want to go into in describing how they get spanked. I can remember only receiving one spanking growing up, and corner time obviously wasn't involved. I don't remember ever having to stand in the corner as a punishment by itself, either. Based on what others have written about their own childhoods, I know that many in this library were spanked a good deal growing up. Did corner time really happen? I'm interested in truth and not fantasy.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 10 Jul 2011 04:56
I'm with you Beth. I don't really know. Is it Spanko story myth? It's always been there in the stories since the dawn of time but did people really use the technique. Victorian? Early twentieth century American Baptist? I've used it during play sessions and domestic discipline situations but only with adults. Anybody know for sure?

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 10 Jul 2011 04:58
At one time this was done - but there has never been a standard "this is the way to spank" - at least not outside of institutions like schools.

I believe that the amount of bare bottom spankings cited in stories exceed those that happened in real life, but I could be wrong about that. I suppose it depends on the era.

Goodgulf

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#4 | Posted: 10 Jul 2011 06:00
Corner time never happened to me and I was raised around the military. I got spanked at home and school and at no time did I ever spend time in the corner at either place and I cannot think of any of my friends who did so either. I spent time alone in my bedroom many times but that is far different then sent to the corner. By the way I and my siblings likely got spanked 3 or 4 times a month for years so I have got some experience in the matter...LOL

Canadian Spankee

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 10 Jul 2011 06:24
I was never put in the corner, but I know it does happen these days and was often depicted in books and comics years ago. It often seemed to be used as the actual punishment rather than in conjunction with something else like a spanking. It's mainly something done to small children.

blimp
Male Author

England
#6 | Posted: 10 Jul 2011 11:33
Never heard of it happening here, although being sent to stand in a corner happened frequently at the first school I attended to 5 and 6 year olds. Older children were sent to wait outside the classroom. Usually it was done instead of a spanking rather than as well as. I would guess it is more of an American practice rather than an English one. Even the phrase "corner time" has an American ring to it!

corncrake
Female Author

Scotland
#7 | Posted: 10 Jul 2011 11:53
blimp:
Usually it was done instead of a spanking rather than as well as

This is my recollection, having attended an all-girls' school which did not ever use CP. Until the age of about 7 or 8, a girl was sent to stand facing into the corner of the classroom, thereafter being sent outside to stand facing the wall in the corridor.

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#8 | Posted: 10 Jul 2011 12:30
When I was at prep school corner time was a punishment totally unrelated to caning or spanking. It was usually awarded if you were adjudged to be making too much noise or if the teacher just didn't like you, (I was once told; 'get into the corner because I'm sick of you!'). At home the procedure was a spanking followed by being sent to bed without supper!

Guy
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 10 Jul 2011 16:22
blimp:
being sent to stand in a corner happened frequently at the first school I attended to 5 and 6 year olds. Older children were sent to wait outside the classroom. Usually it was done instead of a spanking rather than as well as.

Bingo! Same here. In my urban northern USA elementary school.

I don't remember corner time being used in my own home, but it was such a familiar concept in my childhood years that I never thought to question its validity in a spanking story..

Storm
Female Member

USA
#10 | Posted: 10 Jul 2011 16:37
I find all of this fascinating since my parents were followers of Dr. Spock and I was neither spanked nor given time outs. My father slapped me twice, and once smacked my leg when I was nineteen and he didn't like the fact that I was on the phone with my future husband.

My first spanking was when I was sixteen and was entirely consensual.

But then, I don't see how the things that we right (and enjoy reading) need to be grounded in reality anyway ;)

Page  Page 1 of 5: 1 2 3 4 5 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 8
AlanBarr, Alef, dowano, kokkei77
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9