Comments

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4
njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#31 | Posted: 9 Jul 2011 16:07
Alef:
It seems that 200 is a fair number of views for a new story these days.

... or somewhere in that ballpark. Most of mine get fewer.

Alef:
I don't want 200 comments on any of my stories... I would be quite overwhelmed by 20 comments,

200 would be overwhelming... not to mention unrealistic. 20, plus or minus, would be good. Though I wouldn't be disappointed if I got, say, 40.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#32 | Posted: 9 Jul 2011 17:18
Eventually the number of reads rises over time as do the comments. I generally assume that anything in double digits as to commentary is a hit, and over 100 reads within a few days of publication, adjusting for timing. Over 20 comments is a smash hit. One dismaying fact is of course the multiple part drop off in reads---it's usually 50% which means that half of the readers who sampled part one were not interested enough to proceed to part two. I hate it when that happens but as with everything else, my style does not appeal to everyone.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#33 | Posted: 9 Jul 2011 23:09
Once more into the breach!

This topic certainly fascinates does it not? The trend lines are going the direction that we all want and the most and the least anyone can do is set a good example and follow the LSF Golden Rule. Comment on to others as you would have them comment on to you!

Except for rick & blimp of course. But beloved Pink Angel & Miss Thrashbottom have those boys well in hand. Grin!

Page  Page 4 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 8
buffalotom, ch1ckory, RomanGenat, samiyahD, stprag
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9