library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

Yahoo Beta

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#1 | Posted: 29 May 2011 17:18
Yahoo have been pushing users to convert to Yahoo Beta, but when I checked the conditions they said, in effect, that Yahoo could check all the content of any of your incoming or outgoing e-mails to identify what might interest you. I didn't like the sound of that, but was it happening before anyway? And I'm now (today) getting warnings coming up for some Yahoo-related sites but not non-Yahoo-related sites that the security certificate of the site is out of date. Could this be connected to the running down of basic Yahoo?

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#2 | Posted: 29 May 2011 17:36
Uh oh, I use yahoo for my PinkAngel email but haven't been asked to change to Beta... Don't like the idea of them using content of e-mail for their own means!!

Sorry no useful info from me but thanks for sharing!

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 29 May 2011 18:26
Hushmail doesn't do that. They give you privacy. So much privacy that they've appeared in some novels as an easy way to communicate without others listening in.

See www.hushmail.com for more on this service - and other than using them I have no connection to that site.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 29 May 2011 20:05
Goodgulf
Thanks for that tip, Goodgulf. I'm certainly minded to move some things away from Yahoo, but some things like Flickr depend on having a Yahoo account.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 30 May 2011 21:58
Yahoo has been advertising BETA on every Yahoo site. I tried it once but found it somewhat confusing. On composition, there is no "stationery" to enhance the e-mail messages. I'll stay with what I have.

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 16
danny2013, dingle, Dufus, gerard, Hotspur, Perry, Rahundy, Rotn1
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9