LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Smalltalk /

No German Word for Small Talk

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
blimp
Male Author

England
#1 | Posted: 26 May 2011 21:42
I don't know if anyone else shares my interest in the differences between nations. Personally I have usually found the Germans, like most of the French, very polite. Anyway an interesting article on the BBC Europe page.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-13545386

mati
Female Member

Germany
#2 | Posted: 26 May 2011 22:19
That's true. If Germans talk, it's always about profound themes

But what is even worse is the fact that Germans have no word for 'spanking' and I haven't read one good German spanking story up to now.

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 26 May 2011 22:36
mati:
I haven't read one good German spanking story

All the more reason for you to write a spanking story yourself, Mati!

mati
Female Member

Germany
#4 | Posted: 26 May 2011 22:55
Janine:
All the more reason for you to write a spanking story yourself, Mati!

That would be as if a bushman writes about polar lights.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 26 May 2011 22:56
blimp, old man. I enjoyed the piece. Thanks for pointing it out to us. However. As an American I better not comment. You know how we are about that stuff. Ask any European behind closed doors. Grin!

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#6 | Posted: 27 May 2011 05:25
I typed in the word "spanking" into my translator for German and it came out with "Tracht Prügel". I then typed in the German word as above and translated it into English and it came out "spanking". So my question is...is this not the German word for spanking or am I missing something?

mati
Female Member

Germany
#7 | Posted: 27 May 2011 07:11
canadianspankee
You can use "Tracht Prügel", but it is very general. If you type in "Tracht Prügel" in dict.leo.org, it refers to:
drubbing, flogging, fustigation, lacing, leathering, pounding, smacking, spanking, caning.

http://dict.leo.org/ende?lp=ende&lang=de&searchLoc=0&cmpType=relaxed&sectHdr=on&spell Toler=&search=Tracht+Pr%C3%BCgel

But it's also used if Klitschko is boxing or someone is beating his dog. And it's a very rude word. You will therefore find no "Prügel-Community" (maybe except for some Skinhead-groups), no "Prügel-Literatur" and no "Prügel-Website". We just use the English word "spanking".

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 27 May 2011 12:46
mati:
We just use the English word "spanking".

A perfectly good word, to be sure!

Erwin
Male Member

Germany
#9 | Posted: 27 May 2011 21:49
canadianspankee:
"Tracht Prügel". I then typed in the German word as above and translated it into English and it came out "spanking". So my question is...is this not the German word for spanking or am I missing something?

Sorry, no it's not.
And I see it a little different than mati. "Tracht Prügel" is a lot more harsh than spanking, that's right. There can be no "Tracht Prügel" in an erotic way. But we have a word that nearly fits. In my opinion the word that fits best for spanking is "versohlen". That means more or less only otk-spanking by hand.

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#10 | Posted: 27 May 2011 22:41
mati:
That would be as if a bushman writes about polar lights.

Who better? The best descriptions of the English are not written by the English. A Lapp might say, "Oh, yes, so what?", same as an Amazonian Indian who'd never been anywhere else could say a lot about food sources etc in the rainforest, but couldn't describe it from the viewpoint of someone who knew other environments.

Germans do often sound serious, but that's partly due to the intonation, which makes a statement sound like a question to many other peoples.

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 6
badlad, Balor, chris37, Eris39, Geoffrey, hhouse, luke16, TheStingfan, TomboySpanker
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9