library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

pop up archive viewer

ordalie
Female Member

France
#1 | Posted: 29 Jan 2011 16:06
When you want to delete, it's not accurate at all and you find yourself deleting again and again. Now, it's much better than if posts you intended to keep disappeared, but it still looks like a lottery...

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 29 Jan 2011 20:03
It works fine for me and those I've spoken to about it .. perhaps you could tell me the precise steps you go through that results in the popups you selected (you are selecting the popups to be deleted first I assume?) not being deleted, then I can try and reproduce the problem.

ordalie
Female Member

France
#3 | Posted: 30 Jan 2011 06:24
The trouble is the more I delete at the end of the page, the more old pop-ups appear which were not there before. I suppose a lot more are hidden, so I'll just have to keep deleting like mad.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#4 | Posted: 30 Jan 2011 10:05
Well, that is what is meant to happen as they are also archived but don't show once you have more messages. I delete my messages every day or so, it doesn't take long to do. Once you get rid of the old archived ones it will become much easier for you to keep up with

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 30 Jan 2011 10:13
Hmmm. Yes. But. I have not deleted any of my POM's and wonder if keeping them causes some problems for the site to store. I wouldn't think so since they don't take up much space but all things considered maybe I should ask. Maybe that's why I seem to be on the Norty Corner list in perpetuity. Grin!

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#6 | Posted: 30 Jan 2011 12:47
twisted8

The list for keeping you in NC is infinite, so pop ups are def the least of your worries

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 30 Jan 2011 16:32
My dearest beloved Pink Angel

While my time on the NC may be infinite it is only because I've been on to you forever as constant trouble and in need of endless Discipline. Knowing Evil Dom Grin!

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 30 Jan 2011 21:24
ordalie:
The trouble is the more I delete at the end of the page, the more old pop-ups appear which were not there before. I suppose a lot more are hidden, so I'll just have to keep deleting like mad.

Well the default is for just 50 popups to show .. but if you have more than 50 then you should be able to select up to 300 (depending on how many you actually have) to be shown at one time using the buttons at the top of the popup archive. Then click the 'Select All' button at the bottom of the screen followed by 'Delete'.

twisted8:
I have not deleted any of my POM's and wonder if keeping them causes some problems for the site to store.

At the moment there's no problem regarding storage of popups, we have just under 30,000. On top of which the "delete" function doesn't physically delete them at the moment, merely marks them in such a way that you don't see them any more.

At some point, when I have no other distractions I'll have a go at providing the ability to move any popups you might want to retain into a 'storage' folder and then we can cull the rest on a regular basis to keep the numbers down.

twisted8
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 30 Jan 2011 22:08
Februs:
At some point, when I have no other distractions I'll have a go at providing the ability to move any popups you might want to retain into a 'storage' folder and then we can cull the rest on a regular basis to keep the numbers down.

Very Kool. I will await the day.

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 7
jwads, Mcdonald112358, mrbillybob, Shadowdancer, wilmur408, Yellow1234
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9