LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Unable to View website on laptop

canth256
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 23 Dec 2010 18:02
Hello,

I discovered recently that I cannot even see the website when I have attempted to view it using my laptop that has Windows 7. I have tried with multiple different internet browsers and settings, but it just flat does not load the page. Has this happened to anyone else, or does anyone know of some hidden Windows 7 security setting that I am overlooking? I have never had any problems with my desktop using XP and Firefox. Thanks for any help!

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 23 Dec 2010 18:07
We have plenty of members using Windows 7 so that won't be the problem and although I would personally recommend Firefox or Chrome to view the site it should also look OK in other web browsers. It sounds more like you are behind some firewall that is blocking access or you have something which is masking your ip address being visible to the site such that you might appear as a spammer. Of course, I'm only guessing, but I can rule out Windows 7 itself being the cause of the problem or your choice of web browser.

canth256
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 23 Dec 2010 18:31
Ok, that helps. On the laptop, I tried using IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Opera all with the same result. So, there must be some sort of firewall or other security issue then to sort out. Thinking back, I was on a public network at the time, and had labeled it as such for security purposes. I thought that I had tried an iteration with that on a different setting, but I will have to keep exploring and try to figure out what its doing.

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 6
Dagnir, DenseWall, HeNamedMeR, Otkbbs51, Shadowdancer, solbond, steenbok, windar1
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9