library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Getting to my own author page...

Guy
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 29 Nov 2010 13:34
...takes 9 clicks, unless I am missing a trick somewhere. I imagine most of the more active authors look at their pages at least daily.

Someday when Februs finds himself with absolutely nothing else to do; would it be possible to have an icon appear somewhere in the header that takes us straight to our own author page? Perhaps up near where our user name appears?

Guy

Janine
Female Validater

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 29 Nov 2010 13:39
9 clicks?? Unless I am misunderstanding, when I log in and am on the home page, I simply go to the far right drop down menu that says "Select Author", pull down my name and VOILA! I am on my author page pretty quickly... right?

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#3 | Posted: 29 Nov 2010 13:41
Took me 2 clicks and bit of scrolling to get to your page from the activity page... using the select author option. Should be the same from home page too.

How do you do it in nine, out of interest?

Guy
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 29 Nov 2010 14:33
PinkAngel:
How do you do it in nine, out of interest?

OK, I suppose I could scroll, but the scrolling is fast on my browser setup so I find it easier to click the bar 7 times, which happens to get me down into the g's.

Click once to bring up the author menu, then 7 times to get down to my name, then click my name. That adds up to 9 clicks.

Guy

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 29 Nov 2010 17:46
Guy:
...takes 9 clicks, unless I am missing a trick somewhere. I imagine most of the more active authors look at their pages at least daily.

Someday when Februs finds himself with absolutely nothing else to do; would it be possible to have an icon appear somewhere in the header that takes us straight to our own author page? Perhaps up near where our user name appears?

Guy

Hi Guy,

If you simply use the Select Author list it's 2 clicks ... I couldn't make any sense at all out of the way you were doing it but if you want to go directly to your author page when you first connect with the site using no clicks at all then don't click the 'Logout' button when you leave and when you want to come back use this URL:

http://www.spankinglibrary.co.cc/index.php?func=authpage&author=GuySpencer

rather than:

http://www.spankinglibrary.co.cc/

Guy
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 29 Nov 2010 18:45
Thank you Februs!

Guy

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 30 Nov 2010 00:07
thank you, Februs. You always have the right sollution.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 30 Nov 2010 00:54
flowerchild:
thank you, Februs. You always have the right sollution.

That solution was specific to Guy, for your own author page you'd need to use:

http://www.spankinglibrary.co.cc/index.php?func=authpage&author=flowerchild

Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 3
Adam4824, ebbetsjim, Fokus014, Jackmydaw, Jdavis, lesni, mobblers, Officefan, sidelines, Smoke99, ThomasPetersen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9