Problem getting past cloud Flare with Duck Duck Go browser

tyrport
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 9 Nov 2023 03:18
I changed over to Firefox to get here.

Checking if the site connection is secure

Check box to prove human. Checked it, it spun. No go.

Do I need to change a setting or just use Firefox ?

Thanks in Advance.

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 9 Nov 2023 11:51
I was just about to ask what may be a similar question. For the last week or so when I access the LSF a screen flashes up saying something to the effect 'Checking if the connection is secure' (It only remains for a split second, so I don't have time to read it properly). I was wondering if this is something introduced at the LSF end or is it coming from somewhere else, and if so where? (I am using Firefox. My default search engine is Google, but I am not sure whether that is relevant as I connect via a bookmark).

kanestrokes
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 9 Nov 2023 12:51
I'm getting the same as described by BashfulBob, my set up is the same. Using Chrome on an Android phone, if I leave the LSF site and return to it 10 minutes later, I get a resubmit content request page.

DianaMiller
Female Author

Netherlands
#4 | Posted: 9 Nov 2023 13:08
Same here, using Firefox so I don't have the problem (so far) of getting stuck, but I do get the CloudFlare screen all the time all of a sudden. Not just to enter the site, but also when I open a story or check the comments. I already wondered what that was all about.

Geoffrey
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 9 Nov 2023 14:59
I usually, but not always, get it when I sign in. Not otherwise. It sits there for a second before telling me that my connection is secure and then goes away. I am using Chrome.

faygrim
Female Member

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 9 Nov 2023 16:29
I believe this is done by LSFs host if there is a DDOS attack on the site.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 10 Nov 2023 18:21
The Cloudflare check is an additional security measure which we needed to activate for a period of time. It's off again now though so the browser issue should be resolved.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 4
brettchad, cady09, Gecko, Hansi, JEMS93, Michito21, Redskinluver, thepreacherswife, TheStingfan, tyrport, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9