library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

New author, submission questions

Bramblewine
Female Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 18 Jun 2022 21:00
I just joined this site with the intention of reading some good spanking stories and submitting some of my own. I've also posted under the same screen name at Spanking Needs, including a few spanking stories over there; now I want to branch out and write stories somewhere that's all about spanking stories.

I have some questions about the finer points on how and what to submit:

1. According to the sticky at the top of this board, first time authors should submit through the Contact Us form. That was posted nearly nine years ago. Is that still true?

2. The author guidelines say this about dividers:

We use an ornamental image as a divider. When submitting items to the library authors should clearly indicate where they would like to place a divider. Do not simply leave a blank line as it will not be obvious what is intended.

...but it doesn't say how to indicate where you want to place a divider. If not a blank line, then what should I put?

3. Under Acceptable Content, it says this:

We do not publish anything that involves sex between an adult and a minor,

Good, I don't want to write anything involving sex between an adult and a minor...

5. How focused on spanking do the stories need to be? Does there have to be a spanking scene in every one? What about stories where spanking is just implied, or thought of, or characters relate their thoughts on spanking but don't actually do it?

Finally, the author guide says new authors have to provide information for an author page. Does that need to be done before submitting a story, or can it be done sometime after the story is submitted?

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 18 Jun 2022 22:16
Welcome! You've come to the right place!

I can't answer all your points, but try this:

1. This site is constantly monitored and updated and full of new activity every day, so I'd be very surprised indeed if this instruction weren't still true.

2. Anything other than a blank line! Personally, I use 5 asterisks double-spaced across the page like this (except it doesn't show up properly here):
but I think LEAVE A SPACE HERE PLEASE would probably do just fine as well.

3. Can't comment definitively, but I think the budding spanko kid scenario would be okay as it's just him or herself involved

4. There isn't one.

5. There are plenty of stories here with the 'no spanking included' symbol (a white circle) as part of the icon summary, but they're accepted because they are clearly spanking-related (as you suggest)

Last point: not sure, but plenty of author pages have no bio details.

I think you're going to be just fine, and you'll absolutely love it here! Great to have you aboard, and bring on the stories.

Bramblewine
Female Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 18 Jun 2022 22:30
4. That's the ghost question.

(seriously, I can't count)

Capstan
Male Author

Jersey
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 18 Jun 2022 22:36
I am so glad that you have decided to join us here and the above comments, I think, cover things at least as well as I could. I have only been here for about six months and the one thing about LSF is how friendly everyone is and the ability to receive universally constructive and helpful comments from readers and fellow authors. I very much look forward to reading your first post here. As far as the author's biography there is the chance to put in as much or as little detail as you wish, feel free to look mine up. All best wishes best of luck and welcome. Capstan

DianaMiller
Female Author

Netherlands
#5 | Posted: 18 Jun 2022 22:44
Welcome, Bramblewine

2. I always write this when I want a divider included: <divider>

As for the information for an author page, I'd ask if they want it beforehand or after you submit a story, using the contact form. Or send Flopsybunny a private message.
I'm not sure why some authors don't have any info about themselves on their author page. Could be the idea of some details is something of more recent years.

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 18 Jun 2022 23:00
Bramblewine, please use the Contact Us form initially to get in touch, and we'll reply with our email address.
If you raise your questions in an email, we'll take it from there.
flopsy

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 6
Cuchim, insonia, meirth, oxford
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9