Stale story listing?

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 19 Sep 2010 03:35
ribby:
I am having trouble because the stories load but will not move beyond the first part of the first page. I just loaded Internet Explorer 9, is this my problem, everything worked fine with IE 8? When I use Help it says this site is not fully working, do I just wait it out or is this something I can fix? Thanks

I'd suggest using a better quality web browser such as the latest Firefox or Chrome as no doubt IE9 is just as bad as 8, 7 and 6 etc.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#12 | Posted: 19 Sep 2010 05:39
I never knew that there was an IE9. I have IE8 which does well on other computer operations. I have just downloaded Chrome and Firefox (presently using this browser) and they are fine. I do have better success on Chrome and Firefox on the content symbols and have difficulty with IE8. All and all, I have no trouble. I do usually use IE8 since I am use to this web browser and I have an extensive history, which I need for other operations.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#13 | Posted: 21 Sep 2010 16:33
I often have the library open in ff and chrome and I find that although you can't scroll down the stories in the usual ways... you can mostly use the up/down arrows to scroll through the stories...

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#14 | Posted: 21 Sep 2010 16:43
The scrolling works fine with Firefox .. at some point will look into the problem with Chrome. Trying to code for all these different browsers is something of a nightmare, on top of which they bring out new versions all the time and what was working in version x is suddenly no longer working in version x+1. I hadn't noticed the scrolling issue as I use the arrow keys myself to scroll up and down.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#15 | Posted: 22 Sep 2010 01:42
I use the arrows to scroll with Chrome and I E 8. Sometimes I have a problem, but usually it straightens itself out. I really have little problems.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 9
Alef, daveyboy, faygrim, hstar1995, Patron, ShaunM, stevenr
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9