The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Stale story listing?

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
bluepencil
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 15 Sep 2010 16:32
If I click latest, then loaded, the most receltly posted stories are Sept. 12, or 4 days ago. Can that be?

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#2 | Posted: 15 Sep 2010 16:46
Yes tis indeed

Our techie whiz has been very busy doing various software jobs over the last few days. Am sure there will be new stuff loaded very soon but this is not always the best way to choose what to read, as there are so many other stories in the library that have been loaded for months or years... Have a browse on the book-cases or some favourite authors perhaps

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 15 Sep 2010 17:18
bluepencil:
If I click latest, then loaded, the most receltly posted stories are Sept. 12, or 4 days ago. Can that be?

Believe it or not I do occasionally have things to do other than loading new stories every day although I think this is probably the first time in over a year that something hasn't been loaded on a daily basis ...

FLN826
Female Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 15 Sep 2010 21:31
Februs:
Believe it or not I do occasionally have things to do other than loading new stories every day

Nope, I refuse to believe that, it cant be true!

But Pink is right, there is more to read than anyone can reasonably read in a given period already loaded to the site

bluepencil
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 16 Sep 2010 00:34
Thanks, one and all. I'd suspected it was a computer gremlin.

One can never have too many stories to choose from, especially when one is retired!!

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 16 Sep 2010 00:58
There are SO many stories to read, old stories, contest, which is very fortunate,maybe there should be a breather on new stories. I certainly wouldn't want people to be discourage in writing, so keep on writing, but the library has A LOT of stories. I started to read some of the old one's. They are very good, with little viewers.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 16 Sep 2010 01:05
I think way too much attention is focussed on the Latest Loaded list and the irony is that probably well over half the time the stories that are on it have been loaded from our archives, the backlog of which we have been steadily working through. There are no end of better ways to locate stories which are likely to appeal to your tastes, why restrict yourself to what's just been loaded, it makes little sense to me.

TheEnglishMaster
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 16 Sep 2010 17:59
The Browse button leads to what I think of as the real Library - where we see the shelves, and can select genres. However, to get to Browse we must go through Latest, and the first thing we see is a list of 30 stories. I get drawn to these first, on the lookout for new work (or uploaded archive texts) by my favourite authors. If other readers are like me, this could be why there's so much attention on it.

As a currently contributing writer, I confess I love the Latest page because for a day or two my newest work is likely to find quite a few readers, and may get commented on; getting feedback is a big motivater for me.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 16 Sep 2010 18:50
Yeah, the "latest" list seems to get the most commentary which keeps us writers going, but at the same time, I do wish people would browse in the older works too. When I first got on this board I loaded everything I had written to date en mass in two or three days and no one could possibly absorb all that. But they are still there waiting to find new readers and generate commentary. That being said, please don't shut down the "latest" board. I have the big finale to my "LaForge" trilogy coming. LOL.

ribby
Male Member

Canada
#10 | Posted: 19 Sep 2010 03:24
I am having trouble because the stories load but will not move beyond the first part of the first page. I just loaded Internet Explorer 9, is this my problem, everything worked fine with IE 8? When I use Help it says this site is not fully working, do I just wait it out or is this something I can fix? Thanks

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 12
Bevier, GivanTake, irishotk, robert1950
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9