The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Linking to a specific story, and miscellaneous rambling

Miserationum
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 1 May 2018 17:00
Hi,

Sorry for such a simplistic question.¹

I was posting on the Plugboard forum last night and wanted to provide a link to the story which I was "plugging," but I could not figure out how to do this. How do I link directly to a story, either on the forums or when referring someone to a story from elsewhere? Of course, they would need an account to access the stories. Perhaps a JavaScript bookmarklet would be needed, but unfortunately although I'm a software developer I have limited experience with JavaScript (and I philosophically hate the language for a number of reasons).²

Also, I am unable to find the story via Google. I get no hits. When I search for the title without specifying the site I only get a blog post which refers to the story, but the blog post itself does not include a link to the story.

Regards,
Miserationum

End notes are only relevant for tech-types who are into technical details and/or are, for whatever reason, interested in my personal software engineering philosophy.

¹ I've been using the WWW since the days of the NCSA Mosaic browser and distinctly remember switching to Netscape Navigator after it was released in 1994. I'd been using Usenet, Gopher, FTP, etc., before that. As well as handling the then-new HTTP protocol, by "Tim BL," Mosaic was also a handy graphical FTP client. I feel rather silly asking such an elementary question. I think it is basically impolite, as a writer/poster, to suggest that someone read something or make some other kind of reference but fail to provide a link to it, thus putting the onus on the reader to locate it; I consider this to be the author/poster's job, as I hope is reflected in this post.

² I identify as fairly Conservative on Steve Yegge's proposed software engineering political axis. If this is of interest/amusement to you, and you're unfamiliar with Stevey's Drunken Blog Rants™ and his other writings, you're in for a treat.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 1 May 2018 20:06
Miserationum:
How do I link directly to a story, either on the forums or when referring someone to a story from elsewhere?

The LSF, for reasons I don't particularly wish to elaborate on, is a closed site and there are no plans to provide direct links to stories via external sources such as this forum or elsewhere.

Miserationum:
Also, I am unable to find the story via Google. I get no hits.

Reassured to hear it. See above.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 8
Chandler, Derrick30
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9