library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Searching 'old' topics

Sugarcane
Male Member

Bangladesh
#1 | Posted: 24 Jan 2018 06:01
I am not sure where to post it and though this might be the best place. I've just asked advice on something. While I opened the thread, I was wondering if the thread already exists and I am just repeating something again.

It would be better and lot more helpful if there was a way to search old topics by keywords. I am not sure about the technical problems but assuming the library already has a search option for stories, it is also possible.

It would help in two ways. First - No repetition will cause less new threads. So it would make the forum a bit neat. Secondly, rather opening a new thread, a member can already read the previous contents/discussions under the thread; and hopefully they would answer/solve his/her problem/s. If not just one more post would suffice and eager people could help. Where in a new thread might result a lot of repetitive discussions with less information, one thread could help/provide a much larger knowledge on the topic.

I understand, some people would still go for a new thread rather than checking first. To solve that issue, when someone types the title, related search option could appear, much like google search. Though it might be much difficult than I think.

Thanks everyone.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 24 Jan 2018 14:38
The forum already has a search function. If you visit the forum on its own page:

http://www.thespankinglibrary.org/forum/

... you should see the Search option at the top left of the page, below the main header but above the actual forums. It will let you search using a combination of the following options:

- type of search: whole word, phrases or fragments
- where to search: topic titles or message text
- which forum
- date period
- member name

Sugarcane
Male Member

Bangladesh
#3 | Posted: 24 Jan 2018 17:09
Oh thanks. I definitely missed it. But don't you think it is a bit small? I mean everything important is written in bold.

Thanks again for quick help.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 10
Elorac, Goodgulf, Heike, Heroth, hhouse, SirStephen, spanker30, stprag, theo54
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9