LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Can't close message and story windows

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#1 | Posted: 24 Aug 2016 20:42
Hi Februs.

When I check my messages opening the messages list window from MyLSF, I simply can't close the window clicking on 'close' tab. It's something new, as I don't remember having this problem in messages before. The only way I can get out is closing LSF tab in the browser and opening again.

I had have similar problem opening a story. I noticed that scrolling up to the beginning I could close it, but recently it also doesn't works.

Nothing that I can't live without, but it is annoying.

I'm using Windows 10 in Portuguese with the latest service pack and Chrome browser.

KJM

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 25 Aug 2016 03:42
KJM:
When I check my messages opening the messages list window from MyLSF, I simply can't close the window clicking on 'close' tab. It's something new, as I don't remember having this problem in messages before. The only way I can get out is closing LSF tab in the browser and opening again.

I had have similar problem opening a story. I noticed that scrolling up to the beginning I could close it, but recently it also doesn't works.

I've not changed the code in regards to frame closing so it sounds as if something you're using has recently changed. Have you tried an alternative browser to Chrome?

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#3 | Posted: 25 Aug 2016 04:32
Februs:
I've not changed the code in regards to frame closing so it sounds as if something you're using has recently changed. Have you tried an alternative browser to Chrome?

I tried the new Edge browser by Microsoft - my second time using it - and everything worked. So I scratched my head and fired up the old Chrome. Now everything is working as well.

I'll have to turn off my computer and I'll try again tomorrow, after a nice glass of Cabernet Savignon 2008.

BashfulBob
Male Author

Ireland
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 25 Aug 2016 11:34
I have just received 24 comment notifications in one day. My usual average would be closer to 1 every 24 days. 19 of these came from the one commentator. It looks to me as if something that was blocked has somehow just become unblocked. For the record, I have not experienced any of the above problems, possibly because I don't use Windows. (I currently use Linux Mint Cinnamon, which so far has resisted trying to pretend it is a phone.)

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 25 Aug 2016 16:10
I'm a Windows 7 Chrome user, and I have this problem too. I have had it intermittently in the past as well, and then it goes away as mysteriously as it appeared. I find that I can just reload the page without closing the tab. The only thing is that the first time (when my library card is displayed) I have to remove the part after www.thespankinglibrary.org or else it will load my library card again.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 25 Aug 2016 16:16
BashfulBob:
I have just received 24 comment notifications in one day. My usual average would be closer to 1 every 24 days. 19 of these came from the one commentator. It looks to me as if something that was blocked has somehow just become unblocked.

Looking at your comments, I don't think that's the case, it just looks like someone had a binge on your stories and left comments each time. The date on the comments is assigned at the time the comments are made irrespective of when your notification arrives and there's a whole bunch that were made on the 24th.

BashfulBob:
For the record, I have not experienced any of the above problems, possibly because I don't use Windows. (I currently use Linux Mint Cinnamon, which so far has resisted trying to pretend it is a phone.)

In my opinion, a wise choice... I use Ubuntu Mate (mainly) having decided some time ago that versions of Windows from 8 onwards are an abomination and 10 is spyware central. It's also nice to feel that you're in control of the operating system instead of the other way round with the Microsoft offerings.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 25 Aug 2016 16:19
RosieRad:
I'm a Windows 7 Chrome use, and I have this problem too. I have had it intermittently in the past as well, and then it goes away as mysteriously as it appeared

It does seem to be a primarily a Chrome problem. The CLOSE function is actually just a simple bit of javascript provided by a third party and used all over the web so it's a little baffling as to why it's causing an issue.

RosieRad
Female Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 25 Aug 2016 23:41
Februs:
It does seem to be a primarily a Chrome problem. The CLOSE function is actually just a simple bit of javascript provided by a third party and used all over the web so it's a little baffling as to why it's causing an issue.

It's weird because this is the only site I've ever had the issue on, and I've had it off and on over the past several months. Often if I close out chrome and re-start it, it resolves. Or else I just work around it for a few days and it mysteriously disappears.

As I'm sure you know, cross-platform compatibility in javascript is a huge issue. No two browsers implement everything the same. The lot of them (browser developers) could use a good whacking

KJM
Male Author

Brazil
#9 | Posted: 26 Aug 2016 01:59
It does look like Chrome quirk.

I have just checked - after rebooting my system - and the "close" buttons work flawlessly in both browsers.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 7
alfent, danjackson84, mobblers, sagitarius
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9