library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Making a copy of a story one writes.

Redskinluver
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 30 Jul 2016 14:55
How do you make a copy of a story you have written using Contact Us? It does not end up in Sent folder of one's own mailbox, and there is no cc option on the Contact Us page. I use an ipad with Safari.
Also how do you make changes to a story that has been returned to your mailbox for corrections? Without retyping the entire story.

RyanRowland
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 30 Jul 2016 16:10
I'm fairly sure one of our friendly library administrators can accommodate you. For future submissions, you might find it more convenient (instead of submitting the story via the "Contact us" page) to request an email address where you can send the story (either in the body of the email or as an attachment) using your regular email program. Then you can save a copy in your "Sent mail" folder.
Or you could save a copy on your ipad before you submit it and then "copy & paste" it into the "Contact us" page.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 30 Jul 2016 16:22
You should first create whatever it is that you intend to submit via Contact Us using whatever software the iPad provides for text editing. Then save what you have written to your iPad. After you have done that you can either email us the file or alternatively copy/paste the text into the Contact Us form. Either way, you'll have a local copy.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 31 Jul 2016 00:00
Local copies of all your work is a must have for anyone who posts on the net. Sites are born, they die, and if you don't have a copy you might find yourself posting on a new site - begging for a copy of story you've posted.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 31 Jul 2016 02:08
Goodgulf:
Local copies of all your work is a must have for anyone who posts on the net.

Yes! What Goodgulf said. Your stories should be important to you, so don't lose them. I keen my own stories in a password protected file.

But because anything in a computer can be lost, you should also have them somewhere in the "cloud" (Google Docs, Lockbox etc., etc.). In my case, I simply post them to my blog, which has outlived more computers than I care to remember.

Tiredny
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 2 Aug 2016 02:00
Lots of good advice here. I would add to Guy's that these external USB hard drives are another way to backup your important files. The cost of these devices has really come down in the last few years.

Next, I would add to Februs' comments that creating your stories on a decent editor allows you to both spell and GRAMMAR check your work before you post. Never forget that comas save lives! Below is the proof:

Let's eat grandma!

Let's eat, grandma!

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 9
cat49, Kia, MIKEY110, pic7, whoseturn
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9