library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Problem with the site loading.

chelsea1234
Female Author

Australia
#1 | Posted: 12 Jul 2010 07:44
I've been haibg trouble getting the site to load properly. It takes ages to get on to anything and when it finally settles half the stuff is missing. If I click on anything it throws me out and back to a page with with practically nothing on it. More than anything I was wondering if anyone else was having trouble or if it was just my computer. I haven't had any trouble with any other sites though. Help? Please?

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#2 | Posted: 12 Jul 2010 08:48
There was a brief problem yesterday but was soon back to normal and it is fine for me this morning. Only things I can suggest until Febs is about is... try a re-start, a different browser and try clearing cookies. If that doesn't help that is the extent of my techie ability lol. Soz not to be further help!

chelsea1234
Female Author

Australia
#3 | Posted: 12 Jul 2010 09:16
Thanks for trying. I'm not sure how to use a different browser but I'll see if I can find out.

Michael
Male Member

England
#4 | Posted: 12 Jul 2010 09:40
Chelsea I have been having exactly the same problems as you from time to time so I don't think its your computer. I'm no techie either but if you're using Internet Explorer you could try installing Firefox I guess. Lots of people swear by it, but then lots of people just don't like Microsoft products. As for deleting cookies my computer people do recommend that but then you may have to reset things. I can always get on eventually so I just keep trying.

Michael
Male Member

England
#5 | Posted: 12 Jul 2010 10:04
Correction! I've just spent a little time wandering around the site and I see Internet Explorer is specifically stated to be a non-compliant browser. So that may well explain my problems at least. In future when accessing this site I'll operate from Firefox.

chelsea1234
Female Author

Australia
#6 | Posted: 12 Jul 2010 10:21
Thanks Michael. I'll try installing Firefox.
Chelsea

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 12 Jul 2010 14:21
Yesterday, and to a lesser extent today, the server that the library site runs on has been having a few problems. I've reported the problem to our host provider so hopefully it will just be a temporary thing.

The site should hopefully display correctly with the various versions of Internet Explorer, although I have to write extra code, sometimes a little and sometimes a great deal, in order to get round the various flaws in the Microsoft browser. In general I would recommend Firefox or Chrome for viewing this site (or any other for that matter) in that they do a much better job of adhering to agreed internet standards, are generally faster and more secure than the various versions of IE.

chelsea1234
Female Author

Australia
#8 | Posted: 12 Jul 2010 20:37
Thanks Februs. I did instal Firefox and the site worked faster but the picture was all funny. But that IS my computer and a long story about me deleting the video card by accident. Anyway it seems to be working fine today. Thanks for your trouble

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 5
Cloud84, goddan, jake210, john4, kerrsutherland, njrick, Steenabelle, vedapierceotk, WilliamAllen
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9