library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Favorites Maxed

novak
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 17 Feb 2016 20:53
Just wondering why the reason for the cap on favorites? Currently I sit at 478 favorites so even if I upgraded I wouldn't be able to add more. I love the favorite feature and if need be I will have to start picking and choosing what to favorite. A detriment to authors. Thanks for reading.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 17 Feb 2016 21:16
novak:
Just wondering why the reason for the cap on favorites? Currently I sit at 478 favorites so even if I upgraded I wouldn't be able to add more.

As the site has grown hugely over the last 7 years we need to place caps on a number of things. It's simply not possible, or desirable, to have unlimited everything.

novak:
I love the favorite feature and if need be I will have to start picking and choosing what to favorite.

This is exactly how it was always intended to be used. As I posted elsewhere it is not in any way meant to be used like the dreaded Facebook LIKE button. It's intended to allow the reader to maintain a limited list of stories that they particularly enjoy and typically might want to read again and again.

novak:
A detriment to authors.

Not at all. If a reader wishes to express their enjoyment of a particular story then the best way for them to do that is to comment on it. Also, if all the readers are assigning thousands of favourites (I believe we have someone whose assigned over 6,000!) then they cease to have any meaning. Now, however, they should hopefully start being meaningful again as readers hopefully assign actual favourites rather than whatever it is they were being used for (I believe some people were using them as their reading list).

spankfun
Male Member

Germany
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 17 Feb 2016 22:31
I understand the need to limit the number of favorites.
The problem with the suddenly introduced new rule is that it makes it almost impossible to add one single new favourite story once you have many more than 100 favourites (unless you say goodbye to dozens of favourites just to add a single new one). Maybe it is possible to change the rule that from now those subscribers who have more than 100 favourites are not allowed to increase their number of favourites?

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 17 Feb 2016 22:42
spankfun:
Maybe it is possible to change the rule that from now those subscribers who have more than 100 favourites are not allowed to increase their number of favourites?

The maximum for subscribers is 300 not 100.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 6
AlanBarr, Alef, FiddlersGreen, rudabega
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9