library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Google Proxy

Choobeedoobie
Female Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 24 Jan 2016 18:58
I am getting a message about Google using a proxy server or something, and that I should disable it to use this site on my mobile phone. Can anyone tell me how to do that? I usually ask my teenager for technical help, but can't with this!

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 24 Jan 2016 19:11
One of the stipulations for using the LSF is that people don't mask their ip address by using proxies, VPNs etc. We have several reasons underpinning this policy, not the least of which is that we're constantly subject to harassment by spammers and they all tend to mask their ip addresses in this way.

In your case, your ip address is currently showing as belonging to Google and this is most likely due to having data compression enabled in Chrome browser on your mobile. There's an article about it here:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/google-proxy-used-for-chromes-mobile-data-compression/

I don't run Chrome myself but a search of the web suggests that the google proxy can be toggled on and off by selecting Settings, then Data Saver and toggling the option off.

Not sure if this will help or not but it's all I can think of.

Choobeedoobie
Female Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 24 Jan 2016 20:17
Thanks!

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 10
dund93, ebbetsjim, iron10, Odysseus600, Rain, saralta, TomTop
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9