The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Story viewing limit reached

philphil123
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 9 May 2015 09:05
Hello!

I just recieved a message when I tried to open a story telling me that my viewing limit of stories was reached.
I know it's probably one of the anti-overload features and my fault, but I am curious as how to avoid it in the future/when the restriction will end. I was notified once for flicking - (is there any way to get a preview of the exact story without opening it? I was on edb's page looking for a specific celebrity spanking but it is not acknowledged in the titles). However, after that I had tried to be more careful. I read very quickly, could that have been considered flicking on the shorter stories?

Thank you very much for your time anyone!

PhilK
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 9 May 2015 11:46
Flopsy will be able to confirm this for certain, Phil, but I suspect it's because you haven't commented very much - 145 items viewed, one comment left. Try leaving a few more comments, and you'll almost certainly find that your limit will vanish. As for getting previews, run your pointer over the icon in the l/h column (don't click, unless you want to reserve it for future viewing) and that'll give you a brief outline of what the story's about. (Or, of course, check out what other members have said about it in the comments.)

Have fun!

flopsybunny
Female Head Librarian

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 9 May 2015 14:50
Your viewing limit is reduced not because of your comments but because of flicking through the stories without reading them.
We have some automated checks in place which are designed to ensure the integrity of our server. One of these relates to flicking through stories repeatedly at a rate whereby it's clear the items are not actually being read.
In this instance the site will set a short period of time between consecutive views but for those that continue to flick over a prolonged period (a whole hour for example) the site locks down the account and it's left like that until the site member sends us a message for consideration via the Contact Us Facility.

philphil123:
I just recieved a message when I tried to open a story telling me that my viewing limit of stories was reached.
I know it's probably one of the anti-overload features and my fault, but I am curious as how to avoid it in the future/when the restriction will end. I was notified once for flicking - (is there any way to get a preview of the exact story without opening it? I was on edb's page looking for a specific celebrity spanking but it is not acknowledged in the titles). However, after that I had tried to be more careful. I read very quickly, could that have been considered flicking on the shorter stories

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 5
drakeco, Eris39, impulsiveone, Jjkid, Kay2ks, mobblers, sammyb2, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9