library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Emailed a story and now?

Geoffrotull
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 8 Jan 2015 23:45
I'm a brand newbie so pardon my ignorance but I emailed attachments to a story to the admin address and haven't seen anything yet. Was having problems pasting into the Contact Us link. Is the admin addy even the correct one? Might it be a problem reading formats (sent two different ones). Are attachments a bad idea in the first place? Does it simply take a period of time for a story to get posted? Appreciate any help. Thanks.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 9 Jan 2015 00:18
Geoff,

The head librarian 'Flopsy' usually takes care of all the submissions. Yes, it does take time, and probably will this time because she just loaded a bunch of stories on. Stories have to be checked for "no no's' (which you will find in the help section under acceptable). If you sent a message via Contact Us and received the address, then you have the right one.

Geoffrotull
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 9 Jan 2015 04:22
Thanks bend. Unfortunately I emailed mine out of Yahoo to the admin addy. I can't seem to paste into the Contact Us thingy and retyping would be tedious at best. I'll be patient. (I've already written Part 2 in the meantime. Lol.)

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 9 Jan 2015 08:47
I'm puzzled why you can't paste into the Contact form. Like Canadianspankee, that's what I do all the time.

As others have said, there is always a wait to get a story up. It varies, because Flopsy posts a group of stories and then it's a while before the next group gets posted, so you may just catch or just miss the post - and because despite the rabbit persona, Flopsy is human and does things like getting unwell or going on holiday.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 9 Jan 2015 12:56
Especially when you are a new author here, the wait for your creation to finally appear is the hard part!

Because they have a mysterious process to vet stories, and because they load stories on an irregular schedule, and because our esteemed admins probably have pesky things in their lives that take time from the LSF, it can take anywhere from two days to over two weeks for your story to be published. If you don't see your story in two weeks or so, a polite popup query to Flopsy is in order to ensure that your story was really received.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 9 Jan 2015 13:43
Geoffrotull:
I'm a brand newbie so pardon my ignorance but I emailed attachments to a story to the admin address and haven't seen anything yet.

We do have your story but you only sent it the day before your forum post so flopsy has not yet had the opportunity to preview it and get back to you.

barretthunter:
As others have said, there is always a wait to get a story up. It varies, because Flopsy posts a group of stories and then it's a while before the next group gets posted, so you may just catch or just miss the post - and because despite the rabbit persona, Flopsy is human and does things like getting unwell or going on holiday.

Flopsy checks the items and I do all the loading. We used to load items on an ad hoc basis but there were constant complaints about how long individual stories were remaining on the Latest Loaded page so we now wait until we have 30 items and load them all in one go.

Geoffrotull
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 9 Jan 2015 15:31
Thanks for the heads up. I'll be a good boy and wait patiently.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 2 : Guests - 4
mobblers, Smachtai
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9