library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Scrolling in Android phones

angieww18
Female Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 15 Oct 2014 18:15
Stories open in a large box. On my desktop computer, scrolling in the box works fine, but when I try to use the site on my android phone, only the top few lines of the story appear. I am unable to scroll in the box with the story. Any attempt to view the lower lines of a story results in the box moving up and down on my screen, not the lines of text in the box.

Has anyone found a way to read stories on Android? Does some browser work better than others? Is there a setting on the site or on browsers that helps?

I searched the help forum, but couldn't find anything about this. Sorry if it has been covered before, just point me there.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 15 Oct 2014 21:07
There is a non-intuitive trick for that. (Found by another member, so I don't get credit.)

1) Click on a story to bring up that non-scrollable text box. Up at the top you should find an option to change the type size.
2) So do it, change the font size.
3) Then change it back.
4) Now try scrolling.

It works for me on my Nexus 7 pad. I just re-verified it.

Good luck!
Guy

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 16 Oct 2014 00:36
On Android, I have good luck with the Dolphin Browser, which is free. It has other little annoyances, but it is basically useable for the library.

RyanRowland
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 16 Oct 2014 01:50
Apparently, it's not just Android phones. I had a scrolling problem today with my notebook computer (running Windows 7 & using Firefox browser). I read several challenge stories with no problem, then when I opened another, it would not scroll when I got to the bottom of the screen. Instead of scrolling the text in the box, the whole larger window started to scroll. Usually when this happens, I can click in the story text box and then it will scroll again. But today, when I clicked in the box, it highlighted all the text (which I didn't think you could do). Then the story closed and a box briefly appeared on the screen, saying something about not copying stories and that my account would be closed for downloading copyrighted stories. Before I could finish reading it, it disappeared and I was logged out.
Obviously, I was able to log on again, but I was afraid to read any more challenge stories. I think I will try one more time, but if that happens again, I will skip the rest of them.

angieww18
Female Member

USA
#5 | Posted: 16 Oct 2014 19:31
Thanks for the suggestions. Apparently, the problem is something about my phone. I tried changing the font size (and changing it back) and background in the story window and using different browsers including Dolphin (mini and full feature browser). I also fiddled with the browser settings, including changing the default font size and switching user agent from desktop to Android, iPad or iPhone. Nothing allowed me to scroll through the story.

Any other ideas, anyone?

Ryan, I have noticed that I can't mark my place with a highlight when I have to leave my desktop computer for a minute. However, on my phone, I am able to highlight in the part of a story that I can see. Unfortunately, that does not help me scroll to the bottom of the story.

I get several other odd behaviors on my phone. For example, tapping the left side of a line in a list of stories displays the story summary, but simultaneously adds or removes the story from my reading list.

angieww18
Female Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 16 Oct 2014 22:23
In case it helps anyone else, I got scrolling to work in the story window on an Android phone with a Firefox browser. The only problem is that the window is only large enough for about 4 lines of text.

Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 11
fanman52, FiddlersGreen, insonia, LawnDawg, Otkbbs51, tocciek, Tom360
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9