LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Story won't close - using Chrome on my PC

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 15 Feb 2014 02:44
After I open a story, using Chrome on my PC, when I click "Close," the story doesn't close. I thought for a moment that perhaps it was a new feature, put in place to encourage readers to read all the way through a story (I am reading all the way through; I swear it!). But then I tried it on IE, and the stories close with no problem. Surely Februs wouldn't intentionally allow an IE user functionality denied to a Chrome user. So maybe it's just a glitch.

Is there a way to fix this? It's annoying having either to a) use IE; or b) continually having to open new windows, and close the old ones, to move on to something else.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 15 Feb 2014 03:01
Is it the same with all stories or just a particular one?

As it was working in Chrome (and I haven't changed that bit of code for several years) it may be that they fekked something up in the latest release (Chrome has this neurotic release schedule where they seem to think it's a good idea to release an update every few minutes).

In the meantime I'll see if I can find any other reports of issues with the latest Chrome and failing that I'll have to install it myself and see if I can see what's going on.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 9
Alwaysrisky, dbrown1, FiddlersGreen, myrkassi, stag, tomd
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9