LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Duplicate Registration

bortok
Male Member

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 14 Dec 2013 16:54
For some reason my account can not access stories due to "duplicate registration". I have only ever registered once and don't know how I can resolve this issue. i have used different browsers on different computers but don't see how that has anything to do with my registration.

Is this condition permanent or can my membership be re-instated? I am quite fond of this site and would like to continue to access it.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to correct this other than re-registering?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 14 Dec 2013 18:28
First of all, do NOT re-register. That will make your situation WORSE, not better.

The site administrators will look into your situation upon seeing your post here and, if all is as you say, it will likely be resolved. If things are NOT as you say, then the administrators will know that too, and there could be a problem. Good luck.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 14 Dec 2013 20:13
bortok:
For some reason my account can not access stories due to "duplicate registration". I have only ever registered once and don't know how I can resolve this issue. i have used different browsers on different computers but don't see how that has anything to do with my registration.

Is this condition permanent or can my membership be re-instated? I am quite fond of this site and would like to continue to access it.

Can someone tell me what I need to do to correct this other than re-registering?

You have already sent us an email about this less than 24 hours ago.

Your account was detected as being a duplicate but then it doesn't help that you were hiding your ip address either by using a proxy, VPN or some other means. Given that 95% of the time those masking their ip addresses when connecting here are either spammers or people trying to create duplicate accounts to avoid commenting the site will automatically disable your account if it detects such a thing. Our registration form states:

Registration as a member of The Library of Spanking Fiction via an open or otherwise anonymising proxy server, or by any other method which obfuscates the IP address of the machine you are registering from is NOT permitted - any accounts found to have been created in this way will be deleted without prior notice.

... so it's not something we make a secret of.

bortok
Male Member

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 15 Dec 2013 01:16
My apologies.

I have been using various browsers recently due to my dissatisfaction with internet explorer. I have been using Opera, Tor, Chrome and Firefox primarily. Most likely the culprit was Tor which has anonymity ability. I have only used it occasionally as it is very slow, but I did not restrict myself on which sites I visited. I can assure you I am not a spammer but I am guilty of not making note of that statement on the registration form and respectfully ask for forgiveness.

I have enjoyed this site for some time and would not do anything to negatively effect what is the best site of its type on the web. I have been advised by others not to try and re-register so my only choice is re-reinstatement or thank you for a wonderful experience.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 8
markert, Myya, stevenr, Tiredny
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9