LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Reading TheSpankingLibrary on Android Tablets

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
reddbunnz
Male Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 28 Aug 2013 18:48
I recently have tried to access many of the great stories listed on TheSpankingLibrary via my Samsung Android tablet, only to get an error message telling me that the site does not work with the story reader on my tablet. I understand that this is a common problem with both IPad and Android tablets. I've also been told to use a browser called puffinbrowser.com. Either this also does not work, or I have simply downloaded it incorrectly, for I still cannot read anything on TSL. Has anyone out there esperienced the same problem, and has anyone out there found the solution. Keep in mind, I am not a computer geek. So, any solution must be written in easy to understand English.

Thanks for your help,

Rob
aka reddbunnz

Minidancer
Female Author

England
#2 | Posted: 28 Aug 2013 19:33
Hi Rob

I visit the library from my ipad using Puffin Web Browser...but i paid (a nominal fee) rather than install the free version. Whether that is what makes the difference, I dont know. But the version I have works well for me.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 28 Aug 2013 21:36
What browser are you using on that tablet?

I used to be able to use the standard chrome browser on my Google Nexus 7 pad to access LSF stories, but lately I've been getting that same message. Since that isn't really a problem for me, I have refrained from ringing Februs's chime.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 28 Aug 2013 21:49
Guy:
I used to be able to use the standard chrome browser on my Google Nexus 7 pad to access LSF stories, but lately I've been getting that same message. Since that isn't really a problem for me, I have refrained from ringing Februs's chime.

It sounds like whatever changes I made might have got over-written... if you can log in using your Nexus 7 with Chrome and send me a popup I'll grab the user agent string and see if I can get it working again.

walmit
Male Member

England
#5 | Posted: 28 Aug 2013 22:10
I have been accessing.the. LSF on my Galaxy tab 10.1 using the free version of Puffin for some time now. It is not perfect, sometimes I have to log in several times and after a story is loaded the blank screen has to be swiped for the story to appear, But these I regard as minor quibbles.
It may not be relevant, but if you wish to see spanking videos the free version does not normally support the necessay Adobe Flash but the paid. Puffin does.
This question was also addressed some months ago when the Puffin browser was given as the solution.. It might be worth a look for some background.
I hope you solve your problem and can enjoy the contents of the library.
Walmit

Guy
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 28 Aug 2013 23:11
Reddbunnz; Februs put on his sekrit wizard hat long enough to fix my problem with the Android/Chrome browser. I can now read stories on my pad. (Not that I ever do, I mostly use the pad for more mundane things)

Does that fix your issue?

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 28 Aug 2013 23:35
walmit:
I have been accessing.the. LSF on my Galaxy tab 10.1 using the free version of Puffin for some time now.

Do you know if this tablet has the same (Chrome) browser as Guy's Nexus? If so, it might be worth trying it again as I've made a modification to the story viewer software to accommodate it.

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 28 Aug 2013 23:47
I've been reading LSF using Chrome on my Nexus tablet and Droid phone (both running Android Jelly Bean) for a while now. I get the "Does not work on your phone message", but then I just tell the browser to "Request Desktop Site" (that's an option in Chrome's settings tab.)

Unfortunately, things haven't been working as well as the used to, for a while (maybe a month or two, I'm not sure). When you click on a story, a little subwindow comes up (I believe it is technically an "iframe"). I used to be able to scroll the subwindow on my gadgets with no problem. Now I cannot, UNLESS I first select one of the "change color" or "change size" options at the top of the subwindow. Then scrolling works fine. (If a story-comment page displays as an iframe, I have to click on a commenters name, as if I'm going to respond to them, to get the scrolling to work right.)

Chrome gets updated often. Google probably broke something that used to work.

With Firefox on Android, I can't figure out how to get rid of the "browser not supported" message.

walmit
Male Member

England
#9 | Posted: 29 Aug 2013 21:37
Februs
I have Chrome 28.0..1500.94 on my Galaxy.Tab 10.1. For stories on the LSF I still get the unsupported message.

I haven't tried Jefesse's solution.

Walmit

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 29 Aug 2013 21:45
walmit:
I have Chrome 28.0..1500.94 on my Galaxy.Tab 10.1. For stories on the LSF I still get the unsupported message.

If you can log in to the LSF using your tablet/browser combination and send me a popup to let me know you're on, I can see what I can do about it.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 8
ahowell208, DenseWall, knicks604, rwilliamh
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9