library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Message Notification

RyanRowland
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 24 Aug 2013 02:27
I don't know if this is related to the previously noted issue of message not being received, but there seems to be a problem with message notification also. The messages were received, I just didn't get notification they were there.

I logged on and browsed recent forum topics for a while, then went to refer back to an old message - and found I had a bunch of unopened messages that I wasn't aware of.

I later found by accident that when I went to my author page, it triggered just one of the new messages to pop up. Clicking on 'home' triggered another one. By going back and forth between the author page and home, and forums, I was able to get one message at a time to pop up. (Maybe other activities would have triggered them also. I didn't try everything.)

I just wanted to let everyone know you might need to check your messages instead of depending on a notification to know when you have one. (And I miss the sexy "Excuse me... you've got messages" audio notification.)

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 24 Aug 2013 02:43
Is it possible that these pop-up messages are backed-up. I have the same problem but they do pop-up.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 24 Aug 2013 05:38
RyanRowland:
I logged on and browsed recent forum topics for a while, then went to refer back to an old message - and found I had a bunch of unopened messages that I wasn't aware of.

I later found by accident that when I went to my author page, it triggered just one of the new messages to pop up. Clicking on 'home' triggered another one. By going back and forth between the author page and home, and forums, I was able to get one message at a time to pop up. (Maybe other activities would have triggered them also. I didn't try everything.)

This is how it's meant to work. Basically, whenever you click on an option from the menu the site checks for waiting messages and if there are several waiting it will present the first one of them as a popup. Clicking forum posts or threads, however, won't check for waiting messages as the forum is actually not coded by me as part of the LSF software, I merely modified and integrated it with the rest of the site.

RyanRowland:
(And I miss the sexy "Excuse me... you've got messages" audio notification.)

Are you sure you haven't accidentally disabled it?

ordalie
Female Member

France
#4 | Posted: 24 Aug 2013 07:05
Februs:
Are you sure you haven't accidentally disabled it?

I didn't know it even existed! Where is it to be found, please?

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 24 Aug 2013 14:09
ordalie:
I didn't know it even existed! Where is it to be found, please?

If you click MyLSF followed by My Messages from the main menu you should then see the following items at the top of the page:

Select User drop-down box
All button
Sent button
Recd button
Archived button
Message count
Loudspeaker icon
Question mark icon (provides Help)

If you hover over the loudspeaker icon it should tell you whether audible message receipt is on. If it isn't on, clicking the icon will switch it on. Currently, this features makes use of Adobe Flash so it won't work on devices that don't support Flash.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 25 Aug 2013 20:12
I can't use it anyway. I don't have Adobe Flash. Doesn't seen to be able to download.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 25 Aug 2013 20:17
Now it's working. It was already turned-on yesterday. I like that sound of that female. Quite sexy. Do we have anything else that we don't know about. How about turning on virtual reality; read a story and actually live it.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 6
amino, Balor, exexe, gg12, hundjager, Unfortunate
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9