library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Story viewing limit reached

Ricochet
Male Member

England
#1 | Posted: 28 May 2013 16:45
I realise that this is probably (definitely) completely my own fault, but I'm now receiving this note whenever I try to access any story. This started around 12 hours ago and I had hoped that it was a temporary thing that may have abated by now, but it seems not.

I had seen the warnings appearing regarding flicking through stories, and had modified my behaviour some to slow down as I disregarded inappropriate stories but evidently not enough. As a technical person myself I appreciate the issues with server load that this probably causes, and would like to give my sincere apologies for evidently not trying enough to keep within these limits.

Could somebody please let me know how long this warning will last for (at the moment I'm just concerned that my checking to see if it has been lifted will extend it further ), and if it's something that is not an automatic process, would it be possible to have this removed?

Thanks, Ricochet.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 28 May 2013 20:11
Have you tried commenting on some of the stories that you have read? That's usually the issue. There are some sticky posts in this forum that cover that issue.

Goodgulf

Ricochet
Male Member

England
#3 | Posted: 28 May 2013 20:29
I think this is a different problem -- I've got a fairly good VCR (14:1) at the moment, which I made sure to increase when I noted that my account was 'Limited'. It doesn't say that anymore, which makes me think that this issue is more related to the 'flicking' warnings.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

barretthunter
Male Author

England
#4 | Posted: 28 May 2013 21:24
Thanks for your very considerate approach to this, Ricochet. Do you realise that you can check out the nature of stories without opening them? Where the story is listed, on the left hand, unless it's a very new story that hasn't been reviewed, you'll find a summary of what it's about, so if, for example, you hate spanked schoolgirl stories, you should be able to avoid them. The symbols further right indicate whether the story is M on F, F on M or whatever and give some indication of things like the extent of sexual content.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 28 May 2013 22:32
This happened to me once too. I don't think it lasted for twelve hours though.

Ricochet
Male Member

England
#6 | Posted: 28 May 2013 22:50
barretthunter: Thanks for your reply. I generally use them as a brief indicator, but I only discovered the fact that synopsis was available by hovering over the icon yesterday . That will certainly help in future, as it is a much better sign of whether a story will be of interest.

SNM: Indeed. Based on the wording of the message ('Maximum story viewing rate has been exceeded, please try later') I was assuming it would be a short-term thing, which is why it surprised me to see the same message on waking up this afternoon. This is partially why I decided to post, considering that perhaps my checks to see if the message had gone were somehow extending it!

opb
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 29 May 2013 07:37
Hmm, does seem to be a difficult one. I will admit the first thing I did when I saw your first post on this was to check your VCR ( Being a Luddite I use Betamax myself) and found it wasn't that.

The fact that it says please try later suggests that it should revert to normal later. Sorry I can't help.

Another feature you can use to choose suitable stories is the search function which allows you to specify the spankers and spankees by sex & age, the implements used and any sexual content. ( It also allows you to select just stories written by me)

Robert56
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 29 May 2013 22:01
I don't know if this is the same thing or not but I have encountered a "warning" message that I am going through the stories to fast. I have encountered this while going through the Mr. magazine letters. I have read several and when I return I may click on one I have already read, I don't keep any kind of a tab on what I have read and not read although by now I have probably read most if not all. So when I click on one I have already seen I close it and go on to another. The "warning" comes on if I end up doing this maybe three times or so in rapid succesion.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#9 | Posted: 29 May 2013 22:03
Ricochet:
I had seen the warnings appearing regarding flicking through stories, and had modified my behaviour some to slow down as I disregarded inappropriate stories but evidently not enough. As a technical person myself I appreciate the issues with server load that this probably causes, and would like to give my sincere apologies for evidently not trying enough to keep within these limits.

The site has a number of mechanisms built in to make sure it doesn't get overloaded. One of these, as you've observed, is a check for what we've termed 'flicking' wherein someone fires up story after story without actually reading very much of anything. In those instances the site simply sends a note and adds a short lag before the next story can be read. However, there are other automatic checks that are carried out and one of those looks at activity over a much longer time period (typically an hour or more) and if it appears that a particular member is not actually genuinely reading anything but simply going from story to story indefinitely then the site locks them out with the generic error message you've been getting.

Apart from the load on the database that prolonged flicking generates it's really not how we want the site to be used and try to provide as much information as possible about each submission in order to enable the would-be reader to make an informed decision about what might appeal to them.

Anyway, I've removed the block for you now so you should be able to view library items again.

Ricochet
Male Member

England
#10 | Posted: 29 May 2013 22:25
I've given a more detailed response in my last PM, but would like to say thank you here also. I'll try my utmost to make sure I don't break this rule again in future!

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 18
Filbert74, hd1865, Hotscot, Joechangiowa, kanestrokes, plowable, Seegee, yenwen89
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9