Delayed pop-ups

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 23 Mar 2013 19:34
norah:
I am having the same problems, I think I get all my incoming pop-ups, but I know a lot of my outgoing pop-ups don't arrive.... Maybe the system thinks I am a 'spammer' and now I am unable to access the Activity page ..... Februs thinks it's because I leave the Activity page open to long and if this happens the system shuts it down..... so I do need to refresh, otherwise I don't see the pop-ups

I think in the past you've probably used the popup system in the way I mentioned previously, i.e. as a messenger type chat program, sending a whole bunch of messages in a short space of time. We can of course keep removing 'spammer' status if it gets set but the best course of action is to keep the interative "chat" type messages to the chat room.

The activity page uses quite a lot of resources so after spending several hours running it with no other input the site assumes you're not actually there and redirects you to the Home page. Again, easily avoidable.

Popups will get sent to you if you click almost ANY button on the menu so you don't need to be on the activity page to get them.

Anyway, I'll reset any and all statuses that might have got attached to your account and if you follow the suggestions above you should be fine for the future.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#12 | Posted: 23 Mar 2013 21:56
smeple:
Plus, you would be taking away the LSF bot's job.

LSFbot's real job, when it can be bothered and hasn't decided to wander off elsewhere, is to keep the lsf channel registered so that we maintain control over it otherwise it would be open to anyone else who wasn't part of the LSF and possibly not positively disposed to us spankos. It also means we are able to get feedback from the actual site where the chat room is located as to who is in the chat room, which in turn we can display in the panel at the bottom of the LSF site.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 11 : Guests - 8
Backbeat, Bump, Hansi, Heaton, johnblack7412, ladderman, mamarita7, mihaispk, Odysseus600, roycon, StefK
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9