The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Limited Account Help

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»
Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#11 | Posted: 22 Feb 2013 01:12
It's really not hard to put a comment along the lines of Thanks for writing this, I enjoyed reading it. We don't get paid for this and we do it because we like it, but it takes time and it's nice to know that we're not just sending it out into dead air. As Rick said we're a community here and if you took a few minutes to comment on a story that you liked you may discover that.

LawrenceKinden
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 22 Feb 2013 01:19
Quickpaw:
I didn't comment because I didn't know that it was required by the community, and I don't feel entirely at ease with it.

I'm curious, what about commenting makes you uneasy?

-LK

rollin
Male Member

USA
#13 | Posted: 22 Feb 2013 01:20
The other thing is, with a lot of us, you'll get a little note back. Who knows, it may open an interesting dialog. I for one like to talk to my readers.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#14 | Posted: 22 Feb 2013 02:35
I have always noticed that in our local library, whenever a person returns a book, the librarian usually asks how they liked the book. The reader then starts out by telling the librarian about the parts of the book that they liked. I had once purchased a book (not this genre) and when I finally met the author at a book signing in a book store, I started to tell the author what I liked about the book. I talked so much that the author told me that there were others waiting.

carto75
Male Member

England
#15 | Posted: 22 Feb 2013 11:49
I have a similar problem because I "flick" through stories too quickly, but I find that after 2-3 lines I can tell the type of story it is going to be. I make no apologies for saying I do not like or enjoy stories concerned with child, male or judicial spankings/beatings, I do like and enjoy M/F,F/F and "generation jump" spankings, we all have our particular likes and dislikes, ours is a broad church and all the better for it. My account is now "disabled" because if I click on a story that I can quickly see is not my type I switch to another, to me that is common sense so I feel that being barred is most unfair, why should I (or any other user) have to spend a required amount of time on each story etc. I cannot believe that your many and talented writers would insist that anyone opening one of their stories must read it to the finish, or else!!

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#16 | Posted: 22 Feb 2013 11:54
You could just look at the types of story at the side of each one which indicate that it is M/F or F/M or whatever and also points out whether or not minors are featured. Once a story has been validated there is also a short precis that tells you what the story is about, no need to 'flick' through stories just to see whether they are to your taste or not.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#17 | Posted: 22 Feb 2013 11:57
carto75:
I feel that being barred is most unfair

Several points...

Firstly, you received several warnings about flicking and you did not acknowledge these and nor did you realise that this behaviour affects our server - as the message clearly states - and therefore change your behaviour.

Secondly, there are over 20,000 stories on this site which have synopses and content icons and will easily allow you to avoid the types of stories you DON'T like whilst finding those that appeal to you.

Thirdly, we do not expect people to read every story they open. To have been warned several times and finally blocked you have to have been going through at least 5 stories a minute on several occasions.

At the end of the day what is not fair is people misusing the site, ignoring warnings and then whining when they find themselves blocked!

mati
Female Member

Germany
#18 | Posted: 22 Feb 2013 12:12
carto75:
My account is now "disabled" because if I click on a story that I can quickly see is not my type I switch to another, to me that is common sense so I feel that being barred is most unfair, why should I (or any other user) have to spend a required amount of time on each story etc. I cannot believe that your many and talented writers would insist that anyone opening one of their stories must read it to the finish, or else!!

The good thing about this site is that everybody can have exactly what he/she wants. If you want to have unlimited and free access you just need to follow two or three instructions and then can benefit from a clever organised classification system which allows you to find exactly the stories you like.

If you prefer to flic through thousands of pages this system unfortunately doesn't work any longer. But never mind. You can buy the anthology for just a few pence(cents) and then flick through all pages to your heart's content.

I'm always impressed that the library is able to provide so many possibilities to meet every need of every single reader.

Seegee
Male Author

Australia
SUBSCRIBER

#19 | Posted: 22 Feb 2013 12:26
What wait for the story to be validated? Perish the thought. It's an obvious infringement of civil liberties to not have every story validated the minute it hits the site.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#20 | Posted: 22 Feb 2013 14:10
I should just add that the reasons most people give for what I would call 'mindless flicking' simply don't ring true in that typically they spend around 10 - 15 seconds on each item yet claim in that time they are determining whether the story is going to be to their liking. That also includes the time taken to open the story for reading in the viewer. So, how much of the actual story are they able to read in that time? Maybe a sentence or two at the very most.

Also, as has been previously stated, those who keep using the site in this manner are asked very politely to stop it but almost always ignore the message(s) and continue to behave in the same manner. They are also told that if they keep doing it their accounts will be suspended yet also ignore that but when the inevitable eventually happens suddenly find their voice.

Page  Page 2 of 4: «« 1 2 3 4 »»

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 1
bbnebraska12, DjZolt, dxsuckit2112, Fenom, kid, Nelon, ntytina, spankingvixen, wynchrls
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9