LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Wish List

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»
tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#11 | Posted: 27 Jan 2013 17:24
I might as well stick in my wish. I would like to see a spell checker for story Comments as it is on the Forum. My fingers are typo prone.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#12 | Posted: 27 Jan 2013 17:58
tiptopper:
I might as well stick in my wish. I would like to see a spell checker for story Comments as it is on the Forum.

This would be a good time to take our resident guru's standard advice and switch to Firefox then. It has a "speelchecker" built in.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#13 | Posted: 27 Jan 2013 19:22
Guy:
This would be a good time to take our resident guru's standard advice and switch to Firefox then. It has a "speelchecker" built in.

Or better yet, get a mac and use Safari which also has a spelllchecker :D

Guy
Male Author

USA
#14 | Posted: 27 Jan 2013 19:27
tiptopper:
Apparently it doesn't work too well.

Oh no, it works just fine. It put a squiggly red line under "speelchecker" just like it's supposed to.

Seriously, Firefox is an excellent browser. Also, there is nothing to limit you to one browser. I use different browsers for different jobs.

cayenne
Male Author

England
#15 | Posted: 27 Jan 2013 19:31
PinkAngel:
get a mac and use Safari which also has a spelllchecker

Surely not a serious suggestion? You could buy at least 100 dictionaries for the cost of one Apple. Or more sensibly, download Safari for Windows, which is free and available via download.com.

gail
Female Author

Canada
#16 | Posted: 27 Jan 2013 19:51
Guy:
I use different browsers for different jobs

I use Safari on Windows for LSF. No one in my family would know what it is, or even dream of starting it if they borrow my PC for occasional use......so I can bookmark lsf, my blog and my personal email and feel relatively safe Firefox is their browser of choice and it sits on the taskbar, so there is little chance of my getting caught if someone fires up an Internet session.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#17 | Posted: 27 Jan 2013 21:43
gail:
I use Safari on Windows for LSF. No one in my family would know what it is,

I use Firefox in much the same manner, for exactly the same reason.

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#18 | Posted: 28 Jan 2013 01:23
I use favorites as a list of my favorite stories that I might want to refer back to, in the future. It is a "book mark" of favorite references. It should not be used as strictly a bookmark for future readings. Maybe we should all have a "bookmark" for story references.

FiBlue
Female Author

USA
#19 | Posted: 30 Jan 2013 00:47
Two things:

First: I have made a few comments that showed as 'awaiting validation' but then disappeared. It would be nice to have some kind of message back as to why they were not accepted.

Second: It would take a lot of space, but I would love to see a list of the stories I have read and neglected to mark as a favorite, at least the ones I have read recently. Some of those for which the comment disappeared were older and difficult to locate again. I had counted on being able to find them in my comments list.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#20 | Posted: 30 Jan 2013 01:35
FiBlue:
Second: It would take a lot of space, but I would love to see a list of the stories I have read and neglected to mark as a favorite, at least the ones I have read recently.

It is easy to get a list of the stories you have read. First push the "Last Read" button. The press the "My Viewed Items" button that will appear at the top of the list. I don't think it shows you your own favorites, but you can see which stories you have commented on because the "# of comments" digit will be red.

Page  Page 2 of 3: «« 1 2 3 »»

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 14
amino, FiddlersGreen, GivanTake, jimsphotos, olderlovely, peter
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9