LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Wish List

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»
gail
Female Author

Canada
#1 | Posted: 20 Jan 2013 22:41
I know Februs is up to his eyebrows in stuff at the moment, but here is a feature I would love to get on the LSF wish list - a Basket or wishlist.

I often see other reading stories that I would like to read later; or see them in the latest commented list. It would be amazing if you could tick them as you see them and have them saved in your own Basket to be read at a later time. Sort of like Amazon's wish list.

rollin
Male Member

USA
#2 | Posted: 20 Jan 2013 22:47
You could mark it as a "favorite" and then it is in your own fav folder.

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 20 Jan 2013 22:51
Some people use the "favorite" feature to do this. Obviously if you also have a list of actual Favorites, you'd have to be able to recognize which is which. Most of the intended reading, though, would likely be among the latest ones favorited. If you COMMENT on the stories you like, then the ones you have yet to read would be the ones without your comments (those with a green number of comments rather than red).

So that's a way you can manage it without burdening poor Februs.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 20 Jan 2013 22:54
rollin:
You could mark it as a "favorite" and then it is in your own fav folder.

You can, and I sometimes do, but Gail still has a point. I do a lot of reading here, and often lose track of things I wanted to read. In particular, often have to look at my back comments to figure out what serials I haven't finished reading.

Besides, this could possibly give us a new statistic to keep NJRick happy.

smeple
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 22 Jan 2013 04:58
Maybe I shouldn't suggest this, in case it takes up a lot of server space, which in turn would tic off Februs and Flopsy, which is the last thing I want to do to these hardworking folk. But on the off chance that it doesn't have a negative consequence, you could always remind yourself to read and/or comment on a story by sending yourself a pop-up message. Something like: "Read Smeple's story entitled "Good Will Haunting" or "Psyched" (And I managed to get a couple of plugs in there too. ) It's a little more labor intensive than ticking off a story (which isn't currently possible), or marking one as a favorite (which IS possible, but for the reasons mentioned above, has some drawbacks). You will not only see the message when you open up the LSF, but you can also archive it so that you can look at the message - and remember it - anytime later on. And then you can delete it once you have read and/or commented on the story.

jimisim
Male Author

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 22 Jan 2013 14:02
I always use favourites Gail, and later delete or not.

kunanative
Male Author

USA
#7 | Posted: 22 Jan 2013 16:18
My wish list would be a search capability for members similar to Authors. Hard to find members to send messages to when you have to roll thru the list.

bendover
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 22 Jan 2013 16:31
To keep it simple, just use the favorites. Like jimisim says, you can delete them at a later date or keep them in your favorites folder.

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#9 | Posted: 22 Jan 2013 17:13
The thing about using the favourite button as a bookmark has a slight drawback and I think it was mentioned by Jools somewhere on this forum. Especially for authors just starting out, when they note they have got one of their stories marked as someone's favourite, there is a certain thrill in that fact. It usually makes the author at least a little happy I would say anyway.

If everyone started using the FAV button as suggested above for bookmarks and soon to deleted, it would take away the value in the button in my opinion and soon mean nothing to anybody because of the jumping up and down of the stat for no apparent reason besides another reader read the story which is another stat completely, a comment is not guaranteed as we all know.

So one day a starting author would see perhaps they have gained their 1st medal for favourites, next day it is gone, two days later the medal is back and then gone again....and on and on. In my opinion if the suggestion above becomes a general usage routine, the favourite medal is almost useless and could be discouraging to some.

I, for one, would like the FAV button to be used for its original use for the vast majority on site and hope it continues as it is today.

CS

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 27 Jan 2013 03:00
Personally, I like the medals as they stand. They are a good range for most members.

Goodgulf

Page  Page 1 of 3: 1 2 3 »»

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 7 : Guests - 5
Heroth, jimmy23473, john0918, MorningBob, SmacksForFree, swizz, tyrport
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9