library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Problem getting into chat

gail
Female Author

Canada
#1 | Posted: 4 Jan 2013 20:14
I cannot get onto Chat from one of my PC's on my home network. A quick search on google didn't help me find any soln.

Anyone (Feb's ?) have any ideas ?

[url=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/713/clipboard01eb.jpg/][/url]

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 4 Jan 2013 20:18
Typically I'd expect to see that if something such as a firewall or router was blocking the chat room (which tries to download a small text file to your puter when you try and connect to it).

rollin
Male Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 4 Jan 2013 20:23
I have recently developed the same problem and it happens both with a computer at my office (which has a firewall) and at home (which does not). Before I had no problem logging in from either site then one day it just changed. Have no idea why.

gail
Female Author

Canada
#4 | Posted: 4 Jan 2013 20:48
Thanks Febs...it was my Symantec Endpoint Protection.

I will need to add an exception.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 4 Jan 2013 20:53
gail:
Thanks Febs...it was my Symantec Endpoint Protection.

I will need to add an exception.

You're welcome. In general, as far as the chat room is concerned, we only provide a "front end", the actual chat room is not on the LSF server, nor under our control. Messages which refer to a "flash policy" document usually indicate that there's a firewall causing the problem. Anything beyond that, such as not actually getting connected, is not really something we can do much about.

SNM
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 4 Jan 2013 21:02
The chat hasn't been letting me log in at all - from any computer - for nearly a month now. I guess there's nothing that can be done though.

opb
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 4 Jan 2013 23:00
SNM:
The chat hasn't been letting me log in at all - from any computer - for nearly a month now.

You must have said something untoward about the lsfbot's girlbot and he's barring the door to you

thereader0987
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 5 Jan 2013 16:20
Perhaps if more people joined the chat-room lsfbot will be too busy to notice him sneak in!
Nswitch/thereader0987

Online now: Members - 4 : Guests - 5
Belboz, mihaispk, northeasterner, thinsandals
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9