library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Reading stories away from the library site?

stev255
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 10 Apr 2010 14:09
A great deal of work goes into posting final versions of stories on this site. I don't know of any other that edits for gramer, spelling, etc.
If someone takes the time to write a story and sends it to the Spanking Library, it is to share with others who are looking for this specific entertainment.
You require membership so you have some idea of who is coming and going and maybe the software allows you to see how many stories are viewed? The point is: you are monitoring your members to some degree, so I assume you can restrict a member from being able to return to the site if they are doing something that wastes your time, not following the rules, etc.
Based on all of the above, why not start allowing members to transfer stories to their electronic readers, such as the new I-Pad or the Kindle? Author's want their works read. It is very restrictive to only be able to read a story live on the library site. I beleive e-book transfer would bring many more members. With as much care and time put into making the stories available, the restriction to reading only on site should be re-considered.
Maybe there is a small charge for any story transfered to an e-book. Amazon gets about 15 cents every time you send a story you find on the web to your Kindel. For those who have no interest in e-reading...the rules stay the same. BUT at 10 or 15 cents a story every time one is transfered for later reading...it adds up and covers your web site cost, plus. If the aurthor has been willing to share for no charge, if anyting this gives them a wider audience and may encourgae more stories to be written.

Stephen

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 10 Apr 2010 14:35
There are no plans now or in the future to provide "e-book transfer" (or support devices such as the iPad) nor will there ever be any charges associated with the use of the library site facility. Apart from the fact that it's simply not what we want to do as we are committed to providing a wholly free resource, a great many of the authors whose works we have sought out have granted permission based on the agreement that we will never make ANY kind of charges, however small, for their works to be read (or transferred). Not only that but we have also given assurances to about the same number that we will in no way be responsible for, or faciliate, the copying of their stories from the library site. And it is a real problem as several attempts have already been made at mass copying from the site. The authors themselves can of course choose to have their own stories copied singularly or en masse from their own web sites but we have no intention of taking the matter out of their hands.

Virtually all of what is available in the library is also available elsewhere on the web so if viewing stories on the library site is inconvenient then the answer is to view them elsewhere. To that end we have provided the facility for authors to have a link to their own sites should they wish it and since you find having to visit the library site to be restrictive I'd suggest this course of action.

stev255
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 10 Apr 2010 15:40
OK Februs, I understand your answer. Thank You, Stephen

Online now: Members - 10 : Guests - 8
AltanativeFTW, DAdams, Fokus014, Jackmydaw, MorningBob, Nelon, smorboll, Tiredny, twinkieshark, viking72348
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9