LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Sorting story search results by date?

jtaylor75
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 4 Apr 2010 20:41
I love this site! It's great to have so many stories in one place to read. I wonder if it would be possible to enable us to sort search results, by date, title, etc., by clicking that header at the top of the results list. It would help me in finding the most recent stories posted that match my search. Thanks!

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 4 Apr 2010 20:56
jtaylor75:
I love this site! It's great to have so many stories in one place to read. I wonder if it would be possible to enable us to sort search results, by date, title, etc., by clicking that header at the top of the results list. It would help me in finding the most recent stories posted that match my search. Thanks!

The date field is only actually the date we loaded the story to the library and bears no relation to the date the story was written or even initially acquired. I can look into providing a sort capability on the search results but it may have to wait for a while.

Guy
Male Author

USA
#3 | Posted: 5 Apr 2010 02:07
I would like to echo jtaylor75's praise for the library.

Since I am new here and one must start somewhere in this amazing collection, my present reading list is greatly influenced by your handy list of "most favorited" stories in the stats section. That way, I am sampling some of the best regarded work from authors who are new to me, and then branching out from there. It occured to me that a similar list of "most commented" stories would also be useful. (Should you ever find yourself with time on your hands and nothing more important to do)

Thanks for everything.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 5 Apr 2010 03:29
Guy:
It occured to me that a similar list of "most commented" stories would also be useful.

I have already written a "most commented" function but have yet to make it available on the site as the way it is currently written places too much load on the server but I will rewrite it shortly and make it available so stay tuned.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 8 Apr 2010 03:54
Just a quick update to say that it should now be possible to sort search results by:

story title
author
document type
date added to library
words
views

.. by clicking the title of the column you wish to sort by. Clicking the title of the column a second time will toggle the sort from ascending to descending and vice versa. The search function will also "remember" whatever sort order you last selected the next time you search even if you've logged out in between searches.

jtaylor75
Male Member

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 10 Apr 2010 00:57
Thanks for the hard work on these new features and the library overall

JT

Online now: Members - 5 : Guests - 12
arsdigita, druidicone, gg12, Heroth, Siergiej345
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9