The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Missing the left mouse button and new tabs

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 3 Apr 2010 04:15
Hi.

I miss being able to use the left mouse button to open stories in a new tab. Until today I would open five or six of them at a time, then read them on a full screen. I find the mini window that stories open into very inconvenient to use, a greatly prefer to open entire series at once rather than pausing between stories to click on the next one.

Is there anyway we can get the old feature returned?

Goodgulf

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 3 Apr 2010 12:10
Opening multiple tabs all with story windows is not how the website software was intended to be used and generates a number of errors on the server.

greatly prefer to open entire series at once rather than pausing between stories to click on the next one

All the serials have buttons built in that allow you to move to the next or previous chapter with a single mouse click.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 3 Apr 2010 19:31
Is there a way to fix the software so doing that does not generate errors?

Or any other way to have the stories open in full windows rather than the mini-windows?

Goodgulf

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 3 Apr 2010 20:35
The story viewer does a great deal more than simply display the story and needs to be launched in the way it was intended, which is in it's own frame. There are no plans to have the stories open in full windows.

Twinklybum
Male Member

England
#5 | Posted: 4 Apr 2010 14:35
What a pity. I find the surrounding frame most interfering. And it makes hidng the site quickly when reading is interupted an embarassment.

I am very new to the Library and am most impressed by it and all the work that has gone/is going into its assembly.

Many thanks and power to all your elbows

Twinklybum

Guy
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 4 Apr 2010 18:07
Twinklybum:
What a pity. I find the surrounding frame most interfering. And it makes hidng the site quickly when reading is interupted an embarassment.

Depending on your browser and operating system, there are probably easy "workarounds" for both of those issues.

For the first, zoom the page unti the border is almost gone.

To make anything disappear from your screen quickly, simply keep at least one "innocent" frame open. Rather than trying to close your library screen, simply click on that "innocent" frame. Your computer will quickly bring that "innocent" frame to the "front" and your llibrary frames will be hidden.

Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 11
donut88, GivanTake, Sarrie, Schoyce1, SlippersSting, TonyC
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9