LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Re-reading Stories

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
sctraveler
Female Member

USA
#1 | Posted: 10 Nov 2012 16:20
Is there any way that I can just see a list of the stories I've already read?

Thanks!

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 10 Nov 2012 17:21
sctraveler:

Thanks!

Not as an actual list. I assume you know that stories you have read have a different synopsis icon to those you have not read?

sctraveler
Female Member

USA
#3 | Posted: 10 Nov 2012 18:08
Yes, I was just hoping that maybe there was a list. Thanks though

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 10 Nov 2012 18:17
If there's a story that you like and want to go back to, you can make it a favorite.

Goodgulf

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 10 Nov 2012 21:22
Is a "read/not read" checkbox on the search page possible?

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#6 | Posted: 10 Nov 2012 21:33
jefesse:
Is a "read/not read" checkbox on the search page possible?

I do actually have that on my own version of the Search form but I abandoned the coding of it as some of the queries I tried were placing too much of a load on the database server. At some point I may revisit it and try and implement it a different way but for now at least it's not available.

A question for sctraveler: can you provide any more info about what you were hoping to use such a facility for, is it just to see what you might want to read next based on what you've previously read?

sctraveler
Female Member

USA
#7 | Posted: 11 Nov 2012 22:47
Well, I know of the option to favorite stories, but often I don't realize a story is my favorite until it has had time to 'sink in,' so to speak. Also, sometimes I remember a small detail of a story and want to revisit/re-read it, but I have NO idea of the name until I see it. I think an option on the search page would be spectacular, but I understand that you can only do so much with things like that.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 11 Nov 2012 23:00
sctraveler:
Well, I know of the option to favorite stories, but often I don't realize a story is my favorite until it has had time to 'sink in,' so to speak. Also, sometimes I remember a small detail of a story and want to revisit/re-read it, but I have NO idea of the name until I see it. I think an option on the search page would be spectacular, but I understand that you can only do so much with things like that.

OK, thanks for explaining why you wanted it. It's always useful to understand the underlying requirement as that usually plays a major part in deciding how best to tackle the problem.

Providing the ability to search for items which you have read could be done but it would need to be done (in terms of the coding) is an entirely different way to the other searches. However, the results wouldn't be presented in the order in which you'd read them and so if you'd read a large number of stories it's not likely to solve your problem of remembering what it was you were reading.

Anyway, I'll have a think about it and see if I can come up with a better way of tackling it.

sctraveler
Female Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 11 Nov 2012 23:02
Thanks

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 12 Nov 2012 01:25
sctraveler:

Thanks!

Yes, click the Last Read button on the menu and then select My Viewed Items. Further info to follow on Noticeboard forum.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 3 : Guests - 15
FiddlersGreen, manhattan, Unclemac47
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9