The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

User name and Author name consolidation

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2
canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#11 | Posted: 30 Oct 2012 00:56
flowerchild:
I took the time to ASK a fellow writer, who that person was when a comment didn't match the author's name

This situation worked out well, however many readers do not ask, they just think the author did not want to response so they had someone else say thanks for them. I know it sounds dumb, but it is what happens.

When I first started I had no idea Njrick was an author, I knew there was an author named Marlow but I did not connect the two for several months. I know I could have looked on the authors listings, but why would I do that, I like reading, didn't really care who wrote it.

CS

jevv
Male Member

England
#12 | Posted: 30 Oct 2012 11:55
Can open: worms everywhere! I guess I could just leave the board as Jevv and register afresh as James Slipper.

PinkAngel
Female Assistant Librarian

Scotland
#13 | Posted: 30 Oct 2012 12:01
Not a good idea at all jevv, this will cause all sorts of issues for admin!

jevv
Male Member

England
#14 | Posted: 30 Oct 2012 12:33
Blimus! Shan't then.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#15 | Posted: 30 Oct 2012 14:12
jevv:
Can open: worms everywhere! I guess I could just leave the board as Jevv and register afresh as James Slipper.

As I explained in my previous post the two use different criteria as to length and what characters can be used so James Slipper wouldn't be allowable as a user name as it has a space in it. The site is also designed to try and prevent duplicate accounts so the only real option would be to change your existing user name for you.

Lastly, I'd recommend discussing this with us via email exchange rather than posting on the Help forum.

jevv
Male Member

England
#16 | Posted: 30 Oct 2012 15:01
See my reply, where I indicate that I shan't take that action.
In what way is using the help forum to post a request for help not appropriate?
Consider me happy to stay "Jevv".

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#17 | Posted: 31 Oct 2012 04:18
jevv:
In what way is using the help forum to post a request for help not appropriate?
Consider me happy to stay "Jevv".

Discussing potential changes to your user name is really a personal matter between the site admins and yourself rather than something of general interest to all and sundry, not to mention likely to get dealt with quicker via the email route as I for one certainly don't check the forum every day. Anyway, as you've now decided you don't want to change it after all I assume the issue is resolved and will close the thread.

Page  Page 2 of 2: «« 1 2

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 12 : Guests - 9
CarolinaPaddler, Clarity, dund93, Elodie, henrytanner, katee, myrkassi, roeier1, rudabega, Shadowdancer, Slis345, Spankking
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9