The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

User name and Author name consolidation

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
jevv
Male Member

England
#1 | Posted: 28 Oct 2012 08:12
Hi

Is there a way to change one's user name to match one's author name?

J

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 28 Oct 2012 12:11
jevv:

Why would anyone want to do that?

canadianspankee
Male Member

Canada
#3 | Posted: 29 Oct 2012 00:32
njrick:
Why would anyone want to do that?

Simple I would think. A lot of readers get a thank you from a name they do not recognize as an author and wonder why that person is thanking them instead of the author. Also if a user puts out a story suggestion to read it, a lot of people look for a story by that user, never considering the story was written under a different name.

Sorry to say but a lot of readers never view more then the story listings, thus using the same name for both situations makes a lot of sense

CS,,,aka...Canadian Spankee

(and yes I caught the bad joke here but decided to ignore it...LOL)

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#4 | Posted: 29 Oct 2012 03:17
But, a person does have the right to use a pen name. Now, when an author is thanking a reader for the comment, they could state both. There are some who, when thanking me for a comment, will copy my comment and they mention both of their names.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#5 | Posted: 29 Oct 2012 04:27
jevv:

Not really, the user name and author names have different criteria in terms of both their length and acceptable characters. You could change your author name to be the same as your user name but the site links the two quite happily and many authors have different user names and author names. It's easy enough for readers to associate the two as both the member list and the author list provide the corresponding name.

jevv
Male Member

England
#6 | Posted: 29 Oct 2012 18:04
Okies. Like CS says, I wanted replies to comments to come from James Slipper- my author name.

Thanks for trhe answers.

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#7 | Posted: 29 Oct 2012 18:35
Surely it is obvious where the answer comes from now that Februs has appended the name of the story to the comment reply box? Or am I missing something?

njrick
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#8 | Posted: 29 Oct 2012 22:08
jevv:
I wanted replies to comments to come from James Slipper- my author name.

Don't worry. By the time you've posted, say, 130 stories here, people will begin to make the association.

(And Lincoln has a point as well. Perhaps if he had ever written a story, he would know)

Lincoln
Male Author

England
#9 | Posted: 29 Oct 2012 23:42
njrick:
(And Lincoln has a point as well. Perhaps if he had ever written a story, he would know)

If you don't mind NJ! I write under the pseudonym "J Wackford Colton"

flowerchild
Female Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 30 Oct 2012 00:39
If I may add my two cents, I took the time to ASK a fellow writer, who that person was when a comment didn't match the author's name, and was a bit confused by it. It has resulted in a most amazing pen friendship anyone could possibly wish for.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 6 : Guests - 8
gravityrush, hunter, jogreenknickers, johnrenton43, ReginaVictory, Spnkbare
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9