library of spanking fiction forum
LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

Seeing Stripes!!

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#1 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 03:45
When I open a story the page has fine stripes across it. The background page, visible around the edges, remains fine. I am not sure if this is due to the fact that my internet is currently on dial up speed? Sadly I have run out of data for the month!

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 03:51
No stripes here! Perhaps you should give your computer the boot.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#3 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 04:19
jefesse:
Perhaps you should give your computer the boot.

It is a fairly new computer hahaha and was fine a few days ago. The issue is only with reading stories on this site. Everything else appears fine despite being slow to load due to my internet speed atm.

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#4 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 04:32
Well, for display faults like that, you should always try rebooting.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#5 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 10:05
jefesse:
should always try rebooting.

yep tried that one too and still no luck. I suspect it is the fact that the page takes a lot of data and my archaically slow internet can't handle it. I can't wait to get back to full speed!!

mati
Female Member

Germany
#6 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 10:22
jools:
Sadly I have run out of data for the month!

It's only the sixth! How can you live on such terms? The only things I really need is a PC, the internet and a comfortable flatrate.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#7 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 11:28
mati:
It's only the sixth

Our internet renews on the 13th of each month.

mati:
The only things I really need is a PC, the internet and a comfortable flatrate.

Prices are fairly monopolised here. To get more than 30gig per month is expensive. The options are to get a comfortable-ish (but still expensive when compared to places like the UK) flat rate for up to 30 gig then go into dial up speed for the rest of the month until it renews; pay extra per gig beyond 30gig; or pay a much higher rate for more gig per month which doesn't seem worth it. And now it just just been announced that NZ won't be getting fibre-optic cables for super high speed net boo hoo

Spankzz
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 6 Aug 2012 20:49
If you are using Internet Explorer as your browser, try clicking on some of the text. Same thing happens to me sometimes.

tiptopper
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 7 Aug 2012 04:13
A method that sometimes works if your computer starts acting oddly is to look for Restore. Every week or two your computer memorizes its settings at the time. Find Restore in Help and it will tell you how to go back to a past restore point and change the settings to that earlier point when your computer was working correctly. You won't lose any new data but it will restore those previous settings. I have used that successfully in the past.

This topic is closed. You can't post a reply.
Online now: Members - 10 : Guests - 9
brushonthebare, cady09, canth256, carto75, Davidwa, strictbutgentle, Tiredny, tocciek, WilliamAllen, xenmur
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9