The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

scrolling through stories

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
thepreacherswife
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#1 | Posted: 2 Mar 2010 16:41
When I first started coming to the site and reading through stories, I wasn't able to get the stories to scroll by using the arrow keys or pageup/pagedown - had to use the mouse and the scroll bar. For a while I was able to scroll up and down in stories using the keyboard if I clicked in the text space first, but today I can't get the keyboard scrolling to work. Was something on the site changed in the past few days?

jsanon
Male Author

USA
SUBSCRIBER

#2 | Posted: 2 Mar 2010 17:50
I have, today, also discovered the same or a related problem: since I often cannot stay on line long enough to read a long story or even a few short ones, I usually copy the stories and read them later. Until today, I could copy a story by scrolling it and then copying that material, but I cannot scroll any stories today, and so for the time being, I cannot read anything except in real time, on line, which effectively means not at all.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#3 | Posted: 2 Mar 2010 18:02
thepreacherswife:
When I first started coming to the site and reading through stories, I wasn't able to get the stories to scroll by using the arrow keys or pageup/pagedown - had to use the mouse and the scroll bar. For a while I was able to scroll up and down in stories using the keyboard if I clicked in the text space first, but today I can't get the keyboard scrolling to work. Was something on the site changed in the past few days?

Keyboard scrolling is not available in the current version of the story viewer, is there a reason you prefer to use the arrow keys to the mouse for scrolling ?

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 2 Mar 2010 18:27
jsanon:
I have, today, also discovered the same or a related problem: since I often cannot stay on line long enough to read a long story or even a few short ones, I usually copy the stories and read them later. Until today, I could copy a story by scrolling it and then copying that material, but I cannot scroll any stories today, and so for the time being, I cannot read anything except in real time, on line, which effectively means not at all.

Copying stories off the site, even for perfectly legitimate reasons, is not something we'd encourage as several of our featured authors are uncomfortable with it and I can well understand that. Given your circumstances I'll drop you an email and suggest some alternatives ways of dealing with it.

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#5 | Posted: 2 Mar 2010 22:40
I sometimes have difficulty reading things off of computer screens. Usually, I use the mouse to highlight the paragraph I'm currently reading ... with the new setup, I can't do that anymore

Sebastian
Male Member

USA
#6 | Posted: 2 Mar 2010 23:03
I don't understand why anyone would use the keyboard scroll instead of the mouse. Why copy a story? You can always come back to it. If the story is very long, I make a note of the author and title and return to the story, when I have time.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 2 Mar 2010 23:18
jefesse:
I sometimes have difficulty reading things off of computer screens. Usually, I use the mouse to highlight the paragraph I'm currently reading ... with the new setup, I can't do that anymore

You can achieve the same effect by changing the colour scheme of the viewer (see top of viewer where it says Colour), you can also enlarge the size of the font if you're having trouble reading the text.

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#8 | Posted: 2 Mar 2010 23:40
The font size is ok. The problem is concentration: when I look at a large screen of text, it's hard for me to keep my eyes on one place. Skimming is easy, but reading slowly is hard! So I hilight paragraphs one at a time, to give my eyes a cue to where they should be looking.

markomat
Male Member

USA
#9 | Posted: 30 Mar 2010 20:24
Hi , for some reason I cannot scroll down to read the stories, the first section of the story shows but the
screen "freezes" . I never had this problem before, is something different?
Thanks for any information you can give me.

Februs
Male Tech Support

England
SUBSCRIBER

#10 | Posted: 30 Mar 2010 20:51
markomat:
Hi , for some reason I cannot scroll down to read the stories, the first section of the story shows but the
screen "freezes" . I never had this problem before, is something different?
Thanks for any information you can give me.

If you use a standards-compliant web browser and don't have other software running on your pc which might be interfering with the browser then you should have no problem at all. I've personally tested it in severval different versions of Firefox, Chrome, Opera and IE although I wouldn't recommend IE for viewing this site (or anything else for that matter). I'll drop you a note via email and see if we can determine what might be causing the problem.

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 8 : Guests - 7
hittite, JanushPawlon, kattjames, micro43, Odysseus600, spanker30, westviking, windar1
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9