LSF Wellred Weekly LSF publications Challenges
The Library of Spanking Fiction Forum / Help Desk /

android devices, a thought

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»
jefesse
Male Author

USA
#1 | Posted: 25 Mar 2012 23:24
I don't get to look at the site much these days. If I did, I'd use my "android device" (in my case, a nook ereader). But the library doesn't work on android devices.

Actualy, that's not quite right. If I tell my device to pretend to be a desktop computer, then the site loads up fine. I can click on stories, and they appear. The *only* problem is that I only get to read the start of a story, because I don't get that handy scrollbar at the right side of the story popup. I don't know why that is. Every browser I've tried does the same thing (I think they're all based on the same code) and I've seen the same problem on other sites. I'd complain loudly about it, if I could figure out who the hell to complain to, and how to explain what to complain about!

Februs, I know you have no interest in trying to work around the bugs of a weird browser you don't even use. But it occurred to me that there might be an easy workaround. Is it possible to put scroll up/down buttons at the top of the story popup, next to the ones for font size and color (those buttons work just fine). That might not be technically feasable I know, but if it is, it would make the site completely usable. I hope I'm not asking for too much.

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#2 | Posted: 27 Mar 2012 05:55
oh. hooray. I've finally found a browser that works with this site: the Puffin Browser. it was even free. it's a pretty crappy browser, but the library is readable on it. so ignore the above ramblings.

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#3 | Posted: 27 Mar 2012 06:10
where can one download the puffin browser? Is it a downloadable app? And will it enable me to read the lsf on ipad or is it only suitable fro android devices?

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#4 | Posted: 27 Mar 2012 08:48
Information about the Puffin Browser can be found at:
http://www.puffinbrowser.com/

I've never used it and only glanced at the main page, but it says that it is a full browser for tablets

Goodgulf

jools
Female Author

New_Zealand
#5 | Posted: 27 Mar 2012 09:19
Thanks for that Goodgulf

jefesse
Male Author

USA
#6 | Posted: 27 Mar 2012 15:42
The puffin browser was a free app for the nook. I assume it is available in the android market as well, which is where most people with android phones/tablets can get apps.

Goodgulf
Male Author

Canada
SUBSCRIBER

#7 | Posted: 27 Mar 2012 21:57
The Puffin Browser page (http://www.puffinbrowser.com/) has a button for the iPad and one for android. Since I'm currently not running either of them I'm merely assuming that they work.

Goodgulf

walmit
Male Member

England
#8 | Posted: 11 Apr 2012 16:51
My grateful thanks for all the above about the Puffin browser. I have as a result installed the free Android version on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I haven't tested it fully on the LSF site but I can report that the stories can be read and comments may be made.

christian0539
Male Author

USA
#9 | Posted: 11 Apr 2012 23:55
I have an android phone with an opera browser installed. At first I thought the LSF was unreadable (the same problem as above mentioned). However, upon further tinkering, I found that once I played with the zoom feature (zooming in and out with your fingertips on the screen), suddenly the entire stories are visible!

I am also able to work the "pop-up" features and respond to commenters and such at will with the opera browser. As far as I can tell, the entire site works normally, except for the stories (wherein one must zoom in and out once to make the entire story visible).

I hope this will help others, as I was elated to figure it out. But I may try the puffin browser just for kicks (and thanks for that).

With Regards,
Christian

christian0539
Male Author

USA
#10 | Posted: 11 Apr 2012 23:58
Excuse me very much... I forgot to include a link to the opera browser (as that is sure to be the next question). Here for your perusal at your convenience: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opera.browser&hl=en

Regards,
Christian

Page  Page 1 of 2: 1 2 »»

Online now: Members - 9 : Guests - 7
chillingworth, dund93, john4, lesni, myrkassi, phillipuk, rainer64m, smorboll, terabit
Most users ever online: 268 [25 Nov 2021 01:00] : Guests - 259 / Members - 9